Jul 12, 2014

Prime Time Summer - Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector



Hey there!

I said that this summer would be my Prime Time Summer. I've seen a lot of new primers popping up and I wanted to try a few and see if I like them or if they do anything special for me. I haven't had to spend a ton of money try these primers. The first two I tried were discounted sample sizes and I used a 100 point Sephora perk to pick up the Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector that I tried this time. It's a .27 fl oz tube -- just enough to figure out if you like it. The full size (1.35 oz) is $36.

Well good people, I've spent the past two weeks using the Becca Poreless primer and I must admit, the search isn't yielding many good results.



I do have to give this primer it's due. It isn't heavy on the face (and you know I love that) and it absorbs into the skin quickly without a silicone feel. I don't have a problem with the silicone feel but I know some folks do. It's clear and I like that because "flesh toned" primers aren't "flesh toned" for me. They can make me look ashy. Because this is clear, I don't need to adjust my makeup color around it.



Now, on to what I didn't like. This primer smells funny. That's the first thing that caught my attention. I can't tell you what it smells like -- just funny. But, because primer goes on next to your nose, you can smell it for quite a while. Even once my face powder was on, I could smell it for about an hour. I didn't like that.  And, once again, I didn't see that it did anything special for my complexion. I really wanted it to do something special! I wanted it to be awesome and great and make my face smooth as a baby's....

I won't say I wasted my 100 points because I did get to try it. And, I'll continue to use it...mixed with a bit of BB cream or moisturizer (I am the QUEEN of mixing stuff with BB cream or moisturizer). Yes, I'll smell it for a while but I don't want to waste my 100 point perk.


No, I will definitely NOT pay full price for this or even use any perks.

No comments:

Post a Comment