Jul 8, 2014

Moisturizer Search


Hey there!

I've mentioned that I'm on the hunt for a new moisturizer. Actually, I think I've found one that I like. I'm still testing it out but it seems to work for me.

Meanwhile, let me tell you about two that I absolutely didn't like.

Both of these moisturizers are by the brand Simple. I liked the idea that my moisturizer was "kind to skin". And, I thought that because they were "sensitive skin experts" I'd have no problem with these moisturizers burning my face.

WRONG!



I tried the Simple Protecting Light Moisturizer with an SPF 15. Normally SPF 15 is light and doesn't bother my face. SPF any higher than that burns my face and leaves red blotches. 15 is normally fine. Heck, 18 is normally ok. This one didn't burn but it was really thick and it irritated my face. I tried this one on two different occasions and it reacted the same each time.



A few weeks later, I tried Simple Ultra-light Gel Moisturizer.  This one doesn't have SPF at all so I felt it would be good for my face. I tried it out in the store (Shhh! Don't tell anyone) and I liked it.  It felt comfortable and I felt pretty sure that I'd like it on my face.

WRONG AGAIN!

I got home and tried it out on my face the next day and hated it. The gel felt fine on my arm but felt thick and sticky on my face. And it seemed to keep my face powder from sticking to my face. I'd put on powder and then by the time I got to the car, it looked like my face was flaking off. I tried again one evening and about 10 minutes later -- face flake off.

So it seems that Simple moisturizing products don't agree with me. You'd think that they would but they simply don't. It's just that simple.


Sorry. I couldn't resist.

No comments:

Post a Comment