Jul 9, 2014

Ipsy Bag Review - June - Marc Anthony Dream Waves Beach Spray


Hey there!

I am so excited to have my very first guest blogger!! If you remember, I mentioned that 1 of the items in my Ipsy bag wasn't exactly for folks of color. One spritz of The Marc Anthony Dream Waves Spray and my hair would have been in an afro, which is fine if that was the look you were going for.

But my good friend, (let's call her Mel B, shall we?) volunteered to try it out for me and here are her results....

==================================================
Marc Anthony Dream Waves Beach Spray


I used to have kinky curly hair.  The kind that you could pull down and it would spring back up.  That is not the case today.  As I’ve gotten older, my hair has changed textures a bit (thanks hormones!).  Now it is now more curly-wavy, less springy-curly.

My friends who writes the Make It Up As You Go blog asked me to test Marc Anthony Dream Waves Beach Spray.  And it was perfect timing as I just cut my hair and have been trying every product in the hopes that my curly hair will some how spring back.

I was pretty excited when my friend gave me this bottle.  I had already tried one sea salt beach spray that didn’t work at all.  I was now onto the next victim (Not Your Mother’s Texturizing Sea Salt Spray) when the little bottle appeared on my desk.  Now I had two to compare side-by-side.  Perfect. 

My routine is pretty easy…I am not one to spend a lot of time on my hair because it is what it is, and it’s not going to change much.  When I wear it curly, I spray product on, flip my head upside down, and diffuse it until it’s dry.  

When I first smelled the Dream Waves Beach Spray out of the bottle, I liked it.  It was very subtle.  When I sprayed it on my hair initially, I did not.  It has a lemony, grassy scent.  I guess you could say there’s a hint of “beach” smell, but not much.  At first, I hated how it smelled on my hair, but gave it an hour and it got better.   When I diffused my hair on the first try, it was mega wavy (Love!), then as it normally does, it settled down a bit.  The other days I’ve used the spray, it sometimes is as curly, and sometimes not as that first day.  But, it definitely achieves the “beach wave” look.  One thing I like about this spray is that it doesn’t leave your hair grimy, dry, or sticky like some other sea salt sprays can.  My hair is still soft and I can run my fingers through it to tousle it without any problems or residue on my hands. 


I’ve been trying it for about two weeks now and generally like it.  I’m not sure if there’s much of a difference between this one and Not Your Mother’s, but I would recommend it (and Not Your Mother’s) to a friend until I find something better.  I honestly think it just depends on how my hair wants to act that day.   I just have to hope that if I’m ever pregnant with raging hormones, the springy curls come back.  Until then, beach waves it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment