Mar 24, 2014

Nail Polish Change - Wet n Wild Protective Base Coat & Undercover


Happy New Nail Polish Day!

Again, ignore the nails. I kinda feel like they are growing "backwards". They get worse each week, I think. I'm still trying to keep the cuticles moist and be gentle with them. One day....one day.

I have to say, I am very happy to be able to start checking out some of the colors that I've been picking up. For the past 6 weeks I've been testing the L'Oreal Color Riche Colors so I've stayed true and only used those colors. Man! It starts off fun but when you get down to it, it's not as fun as you thought. Being locked into polish for 6 weeks is hard! Especially when everyone come out with new colors. No worries though. I have still been buying nail polish colors so I have plenty to show off.

This week I wore a Wet n Wild polish. I began with my Wet n Wild Wild Shine Protective Base Coat. It seems to work well. I can't see a difference in the base coats that I've used. It keeps my polish colors from staining so that's a plus.

The actual color that I wore is one from one of the latest "new lines". I'm not sure which "new line" but the color is 206 Undercover. The Wet n Wild formula is nice. You have to use 2 very good coats. You can't go light or you'll need a third coat. I tend to go heavy so I'm ok. The color seemed to last the same as the other brands I've used. I saw chipping about day 3 or 4. The brush is nice. Now that I've discovered that tapered brush style, I like finding nail polish lines that have it.

It's a nice color - a deep cinnamon color. It goes well with my skin tone and I got a lot of complements on it. I think it's better for fall though. It's a bit too deep for spring even though it's supposed to be nude.

I like it. I'll be using it again but a little closer to fall. I just mentioned to a friend that I'm getting ready to pull out my spring colors. Are you ready for that folks? Nice, soft, floral colors. It's cold where I am so hopefully they'll bring some warm, bright days with them!


No comments:

Post a Comment