Oct 10, 2015

Empties!


Hey there!

I have really been working on finishing up my bath products. I had waaaaay too many and I felt guilty buying more. I have a 4 shelf standing rack for my bath items and when I was packing to move, it really hit me like a ton of bricks that that bugger was over flowing with shower gels and bubble baths. It was a problem. Now I am down to a third of what I owned. Now I can buy more but very slowly.



I used up a Suave Naturals in Tropical Coconut. I love the Suave Naturals shower gels. They are moisturizing and they lather very well. This particular scent was light and very nice. I would certainly purchase it again.

I found a Philosophy Fresh Peaches with Cream shampoo, shower gel and bubble bath at either T.J. Maxx or Marshalls. This smelled sooo good. Most of the Philosophy shampoo, shower gel and bubble baths smell good. This one certainly was fresh but even discounted, they are kinda pricey. Not sure that I'm going to purchase another one unless it's discounted on top of a discount.

The empty tube is a LancĂ´me freebie that I received almost a year ago in a gift with purchase pack. I almost didn't like it because it reminded me of a manly scent, which is fine but not on me. I used it because I didn't want to waste it but I'd never purchase the full size.

There is a Bath & Body Works shower gel in Honeycrisp Apple & Buttered Rum. Yummmmmy! It smelled delicious. I enjoyed wearing it.

The Naturally For You Bubble Bath in Milk and Honey came in a holiday set. It smelled nice but it didn't lather at all. I ended up just using it as bubble bath so that I could use it up. Don't buy this. It's not good.



And now onto the regular stuff. There's some Crest toothpaste (I float between Crest and Colgate), a razor to keep my eyebrows tame and some Pure & Gentle Make-up Remover Wipes. I've been liking these and using them along with my holy grail Wet n Wild makeup wipes.

I finished a base coat and top coat in my nail polish routine. No, neither bottle is empty but if you know nail polish, you know that base and top coats tend to get goopy before they run out. Yes, there are drops that you can use to extend the life but I don't find that they work well, and my Sally Hansen Insta-dri (that red bottle and the top coat love of my life) is only $5 or $6 so if you get $2.50 or $3 out of it, that's ok. I use one every six or so months so that's not a bad deal, all things considered.



That said, Sally Hansen Insta-dri is my holy grail. I will always repurchase. The Nail Envy by OPI was not worth it (review here). I didn't see that it did anything special and there are many base coats that are cheaper and do the exact same thing. It wasn't worth it to me. And the EOS in watermelon isn't used up, it just went rancid. It's fine but not amazing. I prefer the REVO brand better and that's only if I have to pick up one at all. They are odd shaped so they don't easily fit into your purse. That being said, they are ok. REVO is more moisturizing but not that much cheaper that EOS. Not sure that I'd repurchase.



And here you see 4 different body butters that I had every intention of using and didn't. I just fail when it comes to moisturization. I should do better but I don't. That's why I tossing almost full containers of body butter. Shame on me, I know.

This NSpa Super Fruity Cranberry Rich Body Butter came in a holiday pack. It smelled fine but it was closer to lotion than body butter. The Village Naturals Aromatherapy Energize body butter smelled really nice. I liked it but it was just a tiny tad bit too thick and a tiny tad bit too oily. The Tree Hut Shea Body Butter in Tropical Mango smelled fantastic and had the perfect moisturization factor. I enjoyed using it, the times that I remembered to use them. All of them are at least half full  and I've owned them long enough that they started to turn. That should tell me that I should have left all but one alone. This isn't something I need to have in bulk.

I also had to toss a Pomegranate Noir Body Scrub. This one didn't turn rancid or anything it just didn't smell that good. I expected a sweet pomegranate smell. Nahhh, it didn't smell that way. It was kinda stinky.


And that's my trash! I emptied fewer items this month (I think) but I'm still working on getting my stashes down. What are you empting this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment