Oct 11, 2015

It's A Haul Y'all! - Trader Joe's


Hey there!!

I have been enjoying my new place and I have been loving all of the grocery stores that are near me. There is your standard (in Georgia anyway) Publix, Kroger and Ingle's but I have an international farmers market near me, several smaller farmers markets from different countries, a Whole Foods, Green Sprout, Earth Fare and a Trader Joe's. I've been taking advantage of all of the great grocery stores.

For sure I've been taking advantage of Trader Joe's.

Trader Joe's is one of those grocery stores that works for me. I try to eat natural, organic, healthy foods (TRY! I said try! Don't judge). I also know that I don't have to read between the lines on food packages. They have Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten Free etc., labeling that is very easy to decipher.

So this past rainy Saturday morning I trekked to the Trader Joe's and "made some groceries". I was actually just purchasing some bonus items. I go to the grocery store once every two weeks and in between I pick up a few extra things.



The kiddo and I like bagels in general. Trader Joe's is big into seasonal foods. They are a pumpkin wonderland right now. These TJ's (Trader Joe's) pumpkin bagels were awesome. It was just the right amount of spices for slathering with cream cheese. I've had them and it's a thumbs up. The kiddo hasn't tried them yet but I bet she gives them a thumbs up too.


I've heard great things about the TJ's Harvest Blend Herbal Tea. I like herbal teas because they are usually great right before bedtime. I like to cuddle up with some tea and a good book right before bed. This tea is good but strong. If you use a Keurig, go for 2 hits of the 8 oz button. It's a warm, spicy drink with hints of apple and cinnamon. At $1.99 it's a must have. 

The Mini Ginger Pumpkin Ice Cream Mouthfuls are really good. They are drops of decent pumpkin ice cream sandwiched between a spicy, ginger cookies. They are, in fact, the spiciest ginger cookies I have EVER tasted. They are almost too spicy. They are also pretty soggy. Not sure if that was just the box that I picked up or not but it was a tad bit messy...but good. 

Salad is salad when it comes to regular lettuce leaves. I picked up this regular bag of salad to mix with the Dole Barbecue Ranch Crunch that I have been LOVING! It is the best salad ever. I'm late to the party but so glad I showed up!


I always keep taco seasoning in the cabinet. I get the low sodium one. I noticed that the Trader Joe's brand has about the same sodium content as the low sodium pack of the regular brand. Score! I'll let you know if it's just as good.

I thought I'd try the Penne Pepper & Pasta and the Ricotta & Spinach filled Ravioli with tomato basil sauce. The kiddo and I like quick and easy meals. I'm tired after work and just generally feel lazy in the evenings. I hope these two meals will help me continue my laziness. I see using spicy "soy"sage in the ziti and trying the ravioli by itself (or maybe with spicy "soy"sage too. 

In case you missed it when I threw it, I'm a pescetarian. I only eat seafood and meat substitutes. That's why I'm super concerned with food ingredients.

I really enjoy shopping at Trader Joe's. I might do a two week period of only shopping at each of the grocery stores near me and see if it's cheaper, better, different or what. I normally hop from store to store but only going to one store, exclusively, sounds fun...restricting but fun.


I'll let you know how that turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment