Aug 10, 2015

TMI - Five Blade Razors


Hey there!

Yep. You can list this as TMI and close out if you want to. Not everyone wants to talk about razors. Hell, I don't really want to talk about razors but it's become a bit of a necessity of late. I have a wee bit of a problem and I need to take care of it.

You see, I have always used cheapo, reapo razors under my arms. And, they have worked brilliantly. I haven't had any issues. I don't have a lot of underarm hair but the area there is already darker than I'd like, so any little bit of stubble comes off as super gross. I find that it is best to make sure it's clean as a whistle in the pit area. I use to accomplish that with either hair depilatories or razors. Lately, it's not working!

Someone told me that every 7 years your body changes. I've hit my 6th change in life and perhaps that has done something to that area. Maybe. What I do know is that I have to do something to fix it. I can't walk around looking like a hairy wildebeest and don't want to only wear long sleeve shirts. I certainly can't keep my arms down by my sides all day when I do decide to wear short sleeves or tank tops. And bathing suits? Really?!

I know that I could get laser hair removal. I'd like to save that as a last resort. I'm currently spending an arm and a leg on dental work (one arm pit taken care of!) so I don't want to spend any more money on "medical" procedures right now. I will if I have to but...


So instead, I decided to pick up a pack of 5 blade razors from Walmart (comparable to Venus Embrace razors according to the package). They are rounded for a comfortable shave, and coated with botanical oils for a smooth, close shave. The botanical oils are supposed to help the razor glide over skin. All of that is great. I just hope that they get all the little hairs! I can rub kitchen oil under my arms after I shave (just kidding). I simply want a close shave.


So stay tuned my lovelies. Let's see if this $5.99 wonder is really that magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment