Jul 1, 2015

What I Drank This Month



Hey there!

Welcome to What I Drank This Month – the coffee edition. I may not have wine everyday but I WILL have coffee each and every morning! Most of the time 2 or 3 times a day. I mainly try to stick with decaf but sometimes I will add a cup of caffeine to the morning.


Shall we start with my holy grail coffee? Because we always do. Tully’s Decaffeinated French Roast is my jam and nothing has touched it yet. Others have tried but NO ONE has come close to this one. You will always see it in my What I Drank This Month because it is amazing!


I took a chance on this one. I picked up the Donut Shop Coconut Mocha coffee. It’s a medium roast coffee. I’m not a big fan of medium roast anyway but this one wasn’t good. The coconut flavor was nasty. I tried 2 of them (and the kiddo half suffered through 1) and then I gave the balance to the folks at work.


I also took another chance on the Donut Shop Nutty Caramel coffee. See? That’s what a coupon and target cartwheel discount will do for you. I got a really good discount on these two. That’s why I’m not super upset that they didn’t work out. No, this one wasn’t the caramelly goodness that I was hoping for. It had a hint of caramel but it was against a bad medium roast back ground.  I think the problem with Donut Shop coffees is that the base flavor is nasty. It doesn’t matter what you add to nasty – you still get nasty.


I repurchased an Archer farms Decaffeinated Caramel Macchiato Coffee from Target. I love it! Even though this is a light roast (which means I have to brew on the smallest setting – 6 oz cup), it still brings a punch. And, the caramel is lovely. I enjoy having a cup of this every morning. My old Target didn’t have the decaf so I’d get the regular and drink it sparingly. My new Target does so I can have a cup all the time! You really need to try them.

There were no bottles of wine this month. I spent my evenings unpacking boxes, looking for my ice cream scoop. You have to have a clear head for that. But, have no fear! I have purchased wines for July and you will certain get some great libation information.


I might even drink it out of a coffee cup for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment