Jul 11, 2015

Essential Oils- Preview - Rosehip Oil


Hey there!

I've mentioned my essential oils before. I live by them. They are so good for the skin and hair and some are good internally. You have to do your research though. You don't want to use the wrong oil for something. And, you have to take your time to build your stash. You want good oils and sometimes that costs a little bit of money. Inferior oils can have terrible results or no results at all. 

I just began using rosehip seed oil a few weeks ago.  I learned that it was full of vitamins, antioxidants and essential fatty acids that are known to correct dark spots and hydrate dry, itchy skin, all while reducing scars and fine lines (from huffpost.com) and knew I needed to try it. I've been using my Neutrogena Moisturizer for sensitive skin during the day but felt like my skin needed a serum at night.  

I picked up an organic bottle of rosehip oil serum from T.J. Maxx. I like my discount stores for essential oils. They normally have the good brands at a discounted price. My oil was $6.99, original price $14. It's from the brand ECO. I researched it and it's an Australian brand that sells quite a few certified organic products. I haven't tried them before but I have seen several essential oils by this brand in T.J. Maxx and Marshalls.


So I use a pump of my Neutrogena Moisturizer and one pump of my rosehip oil at night. I massage it into my skin and let it work overnight. So far I've had smooth skin in the morning but I'm not 100% sure if anything else is happening. It's only been 7 or so days so I'm sure I need to give it more time. 

I'll keep you appraised of how well (or poorly) it works. If nothing else, it should keep my skin smooth and supple. I'll certainly pay $6.99 for that!


No comments:

Post a Comment