Jul 6, 2015

Circa Beauty

Photo Credit circabeauty.com

Hey there!

I mentioned yesterday that I went to my Walgreens and found new makeup. Everyone likes new makeup! Yesterday I talked about the Nonie Creme Colour Prevails Nail Lacquer and the Nonie Creme Colour Prevails Colourwash Comfort Balm. I missed the news flash that these products were coming out. Because I didn't expect them, I didn't buy anything. I was a bit overwhelmed. Well, Circa Beauty was the same situation. I didn't know it was coming so I was shocked into picturelessness and no purchaseness.

Circa Beauty is the brand that Walgreens and Maesa worked on and Eva Mendes is the Creative Director for. I'm assuming that Circa Beauty is that mid-range product that the market is looking for (?). The website claims that they have trendy and timeless shades and a color range for all ethnicities. I'm in for that.

Now, because they made the claim, you know I went to the website to check it all out. If you say that you have a good range of colors for all shades of people, I want to see what you have going on. I know that it's impossible to have something for everyone one but I'd like to know how close you come to it.
 
Photo Credit circabeauty.com

Circa has several face products. The thing I noticed right away was a Color Balance Liquid Foundation ($15). There are 10 medium-to-full coverage shades. I think shade 7 or 8 would work for me. It looks like the Color Balance Liquid Foundation would work well with their Face Time Pressed Powder ($14) in shade 4 medium. However, it's summer time so shade 5 medium/dark might work.

They have many other face items (blush, bronzer, translucent powder, primer, concealer, etc,). Nothing else really jumped out at me. It's summer time so I go pretty minimal in the makeup department. They also have eye products (3 or 4 mascaras, eye shadow singles and palettes, eyebrow pencil and eyeliner, etc.) but I don't use eye products much. What did catch my eye were the lippie products!



Photo Credit circabeauty.com

The first lippie that I saw the Color Saturated Lip Crayon ($10). There are 8 very pretty colors and 4 or 5 of them really need to come home with me. They are an automatic pencil (you know I prefer no sharpen lip pencils). They appear to be smooth and creamy. I think these are ones to try out.

 
Photo Credit circabeauty.com

I also saw the Lustrous Shine Lip Polish ($10). There are 8 of those and again, 4 or 5 that I'd like to try out. It's a lip gloss in such chic packaging. A girl likes pretty packaging and this works for me. The website says it gives "an opulent shine and a non-sticky finish". That's always a plus as well.


Again, there are other products in the lippie line. They have lip butters, lipstick, lip contouring pencils and a lip and cheek stain. Not sure that I'd try them all but they do have a decent range of colors.


All in all the makeup range looks nice. It's a bit higher in price than I'd like. The lipsticks are $10 which is along par with what Maybelline and Revlon are doing. The mascaras are $11 and $12, so a tad bit more (not much). It will be interesting to see if they are included in any sales any time soon.


If so, that's when I'll try the rest of the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment