Jun 10, 2015

Quickie Review - Trader Joe's Micellar Cleanser & Makeup Remover


Hey There!

I've been falling in love with Trader Joe's and everything within its walls. The kiddo and I have been gracing the store with our presence and enjoying the Trader Joe's experience. If you haven't walked through a Trader Joe's grocery store, you need to find one and just walk through. Even if you don't make a purchase (but you will) you need to walk through and see what's going on.  It is a really fantastic grocery shopping experience. The Trader Joe's is about 3 miles from my house so the kiddo and I are all about that TJ life. We are living the high life up in there!

Anywho, while waiting for the kiddo to grab two bags of chips (don't judge me), I looked at the cosmetics and health & beauty products. I came across this pack of Trader Joe's Micellar Cleanser & Makeup Remover ($3.99 / 20 wipes). No, I don't need any new makeup remover wipes and after my last makeup wipe trial you would think I'd run from anything new. But, I saw these and really wanted to try them.

I don't see any super duper claims of greatness for these wipes, other than they are Trader Joe's brand. The back of the package suggests that you use them twice a day to "gently to draw impurities and traces of makeup". It's mild and gentle and it doesn't have "aggressive surfactants, alcohol, parabens, colorants or allergens".

First of all, the wipes are pretty big. I like a wipe that is a good size. It's also thick. It doesn't tear as you use it. That is nice. But, it didn't do anything special. It removed makeup but I did have to use 2 of them when I had a heavy makeup day (heavy concealer).

And that's about it. It was just ok. The price was fine. The size was fine. The smell was basic, nothing harsh or over bearing. I mean, that's not bad but it isn't special. I prefer my Wet n Wild wipes instead.

Do I regret trying them? No, cause it's not bad and I'm sure I'll be okay finishing these up. Will I buy them again. Nope.


I honestly can't see any reason to.

No comments:

Post a Comment