Jun 1, 2015

Moving - Part 2

(Borrowed with respect from the web).

Hey there!

I know, I know. You noticed that there were no posts for the past 2 days. That’s because I was moving and the internet people that were supposed to have my internet up and running Wednesday, have flaked. I still don’t have internet.

Ah well, there are worse things.

So, I can’t talk about the makeup that I am currently using/loving/trying. I’m not 100% sure where everything is. I’d love to put up my May empties post (because there is quite a bit) but I can’t upload the pictures so that would leave the post lacking. Instead, let me tell you about the minimalist life I’ve been leading.

First, let me paint a picture. I have marked all of my moving boxes. I still can’t get to everything that I want to. You would think that it would make things difficult. Inconvenient at times? Yes. Difficult? No. I still had places to go and things to do. I would tell folks that I was moving. It was a magical get out of jail free pass. I might use it sometimes when I’m not moving.

I can’t find all of my makeup. I have my face power. Check! I can’t find my concealer. I have to admit; sometimes I’m bothered by my dark spots caused by hair growth. I like to conceal them most days. On the weekends, I usually don’t care. Because I didn’t have my concealer, I went into I don’t care mode and used my magical excuse. No one looked and ran in horror. No one pointed and laughed. It’s probably not as bad as I think anyway.

I haven’t flat ironed my hair since Tuesday. I’ve been ponytailing it for almost a week. I thought about doing it for work today. Remember, I have people of color hair and I can’t just let it go unheated. It doesn’t straighten itself out. It does some pretty bad things. Well, this week, I let it do those bad things and then threw it back in a ponytail. I keep it moisturized and wrapped it up each night but I didn’t work about styling it.

A Lush bubble bar comes in handy when you can’t find your regular bubble bath. It’s an expensive alternative that I normally only use for special nights but in a pinch, it will do nicely. It is a bit odd to pamper yourself every night for 4 nights but hey, what’s the alternative?

That rule of keep one lipstick and one lip gloss handy thing? Yeah, it went out the window. I used Maybelline Baby Lips lip balm every day, probably 5 or 6 times a day. I’m sure I was dehydrated but my lip balm kept my smoochers in good smooching order (now, to find someone to smooch).

Even when you have a ton of packing, unpacking and/or moving, start your day with a good cup of coffee. I knew where my Keurig machine was at all times! I kept coffee pods, sugar and half n half at the ready. No matter what was happening each day, I brewed a good cup of coffee and sat in reflection for about 15 – 20 minutes at the start each day. It meant that the cussing was kept to a minimum and I didn’t flip anyone the bird.

Moving is an exciting experience. I thought that not being able to find everything would bother me but it didn’t. I think part of the reason was that I didn’t rush to do everything at one time and I moved to a really great place. That helps.


Now, I’m going to skedaddle. I have a ton of stuff to put away (in between television breaks) and my fingers hurt (moving hazard). Seriously, my fingers hurt! How does that happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment