Jun 21, 2015

10 Things I Love About Me!


Hey There!

I only get to spend about 10 minutes in the car on the way to work (I drive to the train station) and about 15 minutes on the way home. So, I don't get to listen to a lot of talk radio. But, last week I caught a bit of talk radio and they were challenging their listeners to come up with 10 things that you love about yourself. I thought that would make a great Sunday Funday post!

10. I try to always see the glass as half full. I try to be as positive as possible. It doesn't do much good to be pessimistic, really. I always think, you know, be thankful --- it could be much worse. And a glass half full gives you more to drink!

9. I'm a great mom. No, I'm not perfect. I'm nowhere near perfect and yes, there are times me and the kiddo go at it. But, I do my best. I give my all and if you give your all, you are the best mom in town.

8. I'm down for almost whatever. You want to go to that new restaurant next week? Let's go. You want to take a trip to Fiji at the end of the year? Let me get my dollars in order. I figure my friends are pretty exciting and I can tag along for the awesomeness. I often invite myself on trips or experiences. So far, no one has said I couldn't go.

7. I can read my way into other worlds. I love that it doesn't take much for me to be transformed to another world through books. I like all types of books and absolutely any book can take me away just as great as Calgon could!

6. I am such a sports girl. I mean I love sports. I went to the Atlanta Braves game last night (they won!). I make sure I go to at least 3 or 4 games every year and I watch them on the TV when I can. I love football just as much (go Falcons! Rise Up!) and I've just been getting into Hockey. Basketball is ok and I'll go if there's a special game or something cause I don't shy away from any sport. Give me a good game, glass of wine, good friends and of course a game shirt and I'm ready!

5. I love my body. It's not perfect. It's curvy and certain things droop. Some parts are a bit lumpy and bumpy and some things are larger than I'd like, some things smaller. But I love every single bit of it! Sure, I wouldn't mind losing a bit of weight and I'd like to tone some things but on a grand scale, I wouldn't change my body for anything in the world.

4. I'm kinda handy and home interior-y. And, the things I'm not so handy with, I'm willing to give it the old college try. I'm typing this during a break from building my television stand. I want to cuss and scream and have a drink but no, I'm just powering through. Because, when I'm done I am going to be so proud. I can't stage a house but I can pick 3 colors and match a room around them. I like to DIY things on the cheap and I like to throw a splash of expensive (that I bought on the cheap!).

3. I'm girly and tom boyish too. I like makeup and perfume and all things frilly and fluffy. And, I like to hike (slowly, leisurely) and watch sports. No, I don't play them (I might break a nail) and I don't like beer, but I'll watch a game and yell in all the right places.

2. I am such the foodie. Even though I am a pescetarian, I still eat well. I like to try new things, new places, new restaurants. I enjoy cooking (not as much as I use to) and I have a variety of cookbooks that are marked up. I am so snobby when it comes to food that I often turn my nose up at "common" food. I just have a rich palette (minus most meats).

1. And, I love myself. Not everyone can say that. Many people are so unhappy with portions of their lives that they aren't happy with most of it. Yes, there are things I'm unhappy with but overall, I'm pretty, freakin' fantastic! I love me and if others don't love me, their loss. If they don't love themselves as much as I love me, they need to sit down and figure out why. It's important to love yourself!


So what 10 things do you absolutely love about yourself? I know that it's not going to take long to think of 10 -- you all are fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment