May 20, 2015

Wine About It Wednesday - Wine Not?


Hey there.

So I'm cleaning out the fridge and I had to pour out old wine. I know, I know! That's the worst thing ever. I didn't have a choice. I have stuff in my fridge that is, well, old. I've had quite a bit going on so I've opened several bottles (at different times) and never finished any of them. It wasn't that they were bad, I'm just one person.

So, my first wine was Moiselle Moscato from Aldi foods. I picked it up for about $4.49. It was a nice, sweet wine. Crisp with a decent taste. The Aldi website says it has "flavors of peach and apricot with hints of citrus and orange blossom". You know I don't know what that means! I do know that while it was refreshing it wasn't great. Even at $4.49, I can't see me buying it again.

My next wine was Sweet Pea Apple Wine. I picked it up at World Market. It was on sale too (yep, there's a theme). It was another wine that was described as "light and crisp". This one has an apple flavor with passion fruit notes. It was pretty good. It was light and crisp and had a really bright taste. I enjoyed it. I just didn't have time to enjoy the entire bottle.

The third bottle was a Helen Wine Co. Muscadine White (about $14.99). If you don't know about muscadine wine, you are making poor life choices. I LOVE muscadine wine. It's super sweet and fruity and goes down the hatch like koolaid (which is wrong cause I don't like koolaid!). I have to travel to the North Georgia Mountains to get more (I think) but I would certainly do that. This stuff is bomb!

And that's what I partially drank this month. I think I'm going to seek out small bottles of wine. Or, maybe I'll open them and then give them to random people. That's much better than wasting them. The bottles of my tried and true, road dog wines always get finished but the wines that I am test driving don't always get finished. Hopefully I'll be able to find a way around that soon.


Perhaps that means drink more. Perhaps that means cooking with wine (probably not). I'm not sure what that means but I hope to keep the wine reviews coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment