May 21, 2015

Sample Bin Review - May


Hey there!

I used up some samples! You guys know I love being able to try out new things before I buy them.

I used a Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer. It's a clear primer that is silicone based and glides across your face. A set back is that it balls up if you aren't careful. If you are careful, it's wonderful. No, I don't have plans to purchase it because I don't need this type of primer. My holy grail primer is the Hourglass Primer. The Hourglass primer is more of a lotion than a silicone product.

I also tried Jurlique's Herbal Recovery Advanced Serum. I made notes -- "Stinks to high heaven. Too thin and can't get past the smell". No, I can't. I don't even want to know what it's supposed to do cause it smells so badly, I don't want to try it again.

I got a sample of the Sephora Instant Moisturizer. It feels and smells really nice but the SPF stings a little bit. I know that most folks tell you to always wear SPF on your face but I have to be careful. I can use SPF on my body but not on my face. It burns and turns red and itchy. So, while I like this, I can't use it.

I don't have to even to tell you guys how much I love the L'Oreal Age Perfect Cell Renewal Golden Serum.  I found this sample in a magazine. It smells good and feels good and I have no idea what it really does but I love it! I keep purchasing the premium sample size but I think it's time to bite the bullet and pay full price for a large size.

Glowing Goddess by Jennifer Lopez smells so good! This was a sample that a lady handed to me in Kohls. I think she won. I would totally buy this perfume and if you know me, you know I don't purchase just any old perfume.

Prada Candy Floral is nice too. I got this sample in my last Sephora box. It smells nice but I need to take another whiff in the store to be sure. If it smells as good as I think it does, I might add it to my collection.

And last but not least is my Caudalie Premier Cru the Elixir sample that I requested online. It didn't smell like anything and I am pretty sure that it didn't do anything. I'd never purchase this even though I normally like Caudalie products. I don't feel that it did anything at all.


So that's the review of the samples I used this month. I made sure that I used as many samples as I could. I'll do the same for June and report back to you good people!

No comments:

Post a Comment