May 27, 2015

The Jewelry and Makeup That You Pack Last

Please forgive my lighting. I've already packed my fabric and lamps.


Hey there!

I had to pack everything away BUT I wanted to keep out my favorite jewelry pieces and makeup in case I need to make a run to the store or a quick restaurant break because all of the pots and pans have been packed up. (In case you're new, I'm moving. If you're not, I'm sorry that I keep saying it!). It was very easy for me to decide what to keep out because my favorite jewelry pieces and makeup items are my most used.



First the jewelry. I love earrings and rings so picking one item sounds difficult but in fact, it was pretty simple. My favorite earrings are my silver hoops. They are light enough for everyday use but nice enough to dress up a pair of jeans and a top. I got these earrings from the apparel mart in downtown Atlanta. There are several jewelry stores in there that have amazing pieces and ever better prices.

My necklace is a no-brainer. Two years ago the kiddo bought me an "I Love You" locket. It has a heart shape with a small, pink rose engraved on the side. It's just a petite thing but it sits at just the right spot on my neck. It's not long but it's perfect. It's my favorite necklace and I wear it a lot.

Because I'm packing and moving boxes, wearing a ring or bracelet is out. Oddly enough, I packed those boxes last. I only wear rings for a few hours a day because after that, it begins to get uncomfortable. And, I have a fear that my bracelet will get snagged on something so I wear them when I won't be doing a lot with my hands. Needless to say, I didn't keep any of those out.


Makeup is super minimal. While I'd like to look cute for the movers, you know, just in case, I'm sure I'll be sweaty and not in the mood to flirt. So, in case I have to make a pizza run I keep out the standbys.

I love my MAC Studio Fix face powder in NC42. It's just a tad bit deeper than my current color but my shoulders have some color so it's ok. I probably won't need it but it's at the ready just in case.

No lipstick for this girl. I have my NYX Butter Gloss in Angel Food Cake. It smells so good and lasts a long time. It is just enough gloss for leaving the house. I have to run to Home Depot so I'll pop just a little bit on so that I can appear presentable to the world.


There are two implements that I've never be without. My trusty tweezers and my nail clippers. This girl has 1 or 2 hairs that magically appear so I have to have tweezers at the ready at ALL times. I've mentioned before that I have tweezers everywhere -- in my car, at my desk, in my purse, next to my bed... You never know when you'll need them. I find that stoplights about 4pm are the best time to see wild hairs and pluck them. Don't say ewww to me. Now you plan on stealing my idea, huh?!

Don't laugh at my nail clippers. I know they looked all jacked up but they are sharp as I don't know what! They are a Bassett USA brand that I've had forever and they work so well. I use them for hangnails, clipping your nails, etc. Yes, I have newer, prettier ones but these work the best. I'd love to get a new one but I can't seem to find a really good pair. Let me know if you see any.

And all of those items are riding in my pink faux snake skin Mally bag. I got this over a year ago when I made a purchase online. I can't tell you were the products are (well, one of them I can) but this bag is my everyday makeup bag. If I put on a lippie or special blush, it goes into this bag and on to work with me. I'm almost never without this bag. It's the perfect size and so durable.


And that is what get on the moving van last (well, in my car as the moving van pulls off). What items can you just not live without?

No comments:

Post a Comment