Apr 28, 2015

Making The Ulta Move From Sephora

Hey There!

I think I will probably make the switch from Sephora to Ulta. It's nuthin' against Sephora, really. It's just that I've noticed recently I haven't been purchasing a lot of high end products and when I do, I like to get the best point/perk value for them.

Sephora uses points and once you reach a certain point you can choose from some mini sized products. Well, I'm currently sitting on about 1000 points and nothing seems to tickle my fancy. That happens a lot and it's kinda a problem.

Ulta give you points that turn into cash. So, when you get 100 points you get $3 to spend. If you save up to 2000 points you get $125 to spend. Right now in Sephora world, I have $50 to spend in Ulta money but I've got 10 crappy perks or 3 or 4 kinda ok perks.

Also, Ulta sells a lot more stuff than Sephora. You can get NYX beauty products, a nail file, the latest Revlon nail polish and a pack of hair rollers. And then you get 15 points for your purchase.

Both places have "Baller Perks". Sephora has VIB Rouge (when you purchase $1000 worth of merchandise in a calendar year) and ULTA has Platinum (when you spend $400 in a calendar year). The Sephora VIB perks consist of free shipping, random gifts, makeup appointments, special events. The ULTA Platinum perks consist of earning points faster (1.25 points per $1 spent), your points never expire and you get a bonus birthday gift.

I've read the online reviews of both programs for months and I just have to say, ULTA is probably going to be my go-to. I like being able to get facial wipes, the new BareMinerals lippie, an EOS lip balm and a Zoya nail polish, all at the same store. That just works for me.

Have you thought about this showdown? Which place works better for your needs?

No comments:

Post a Comment