Mar 21, 2015

Quickie Review - Bite Beauty Butter Cream Lipstick - Rosewood


Hey There!

So, I've done it again. I've purchased from a tried and true brand only to have it let me down. Sighhhhh.

I love Bite Beauty lipsticks. I have quite a few in rotation. They are moist and make my lips feel so good. I have to wear the barest hint of lip balm under them and the color stays for quite a long time. Most lipsticks stay about 3 - 4 hours on me. That's my barometer. Bite Beauty Lipsticks last a complete 4 hours, even as I sip coffee in the morning.

Last week I purchased one of the new Bite Beauty Butter Cream lipsticks in Rosewood. I was hoping that it would be a moisturizing, creamy lipstick like the name implies. I had heard reviews that said it did so I thought success was inevitable.

This Bite Beauty Butter Cream lipstick was a big, fat fail. The color was supposed to be a rich mauve color with a gorgeous shade of pink shining through. And it was...for about 10 minutes. Then it changed into this muddy, yukky brown color. Not even a pretty brown. Just ugly.

And, it's so far from moist I don't know what to do. I put on a thick layer of lip balm and then Rosewood and my lips were instantly dry. I had to put lip balm OVER my lipstick. It wasn't comfortable. About 2 hours later I felt that I needed to wipe it off and start over.

At $28, I was hoping for better. I tried it twice and decided that it wasn't worth it. It goes back to Sephora.


Have no fear. I already have my eye on a replacement. Let's keep those fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment