Mar 31, 2015

Mighty Duo - NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer and MAC Studio Fix Face Powder


Hey there!

Ever since I purchased my NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer, I have used it more than everything else. I love the packaging, I love the consistency and I love the way it blends into my skin. But, every now and then I turn to the other concealers that I have (Bare Minerals,  L.A. Girl Pro Conceal and e.l.f. 4 pan). Then, I pop on my face powder.

I discovered something. When I use concealers and then face powder, after about 6 hours, the area that I concealed turns colors. At first I thought maybe oxidation was an issue. I'm covering dark spots and those spots begin to show and a halo appears around them. I just figured it was a problem that I'd have to deal with it. Then I realized something.

When I pair my NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer with my MAC Studio Fix face powder, that doesn't happen. I'd wear my combo all day and even though the concealer would start to fade, the color wouldn't oxidize or change hues.

I'm not sure if it's the type of concealer or the products in the powder. What I'd like to do is pick up a MAC concealer and NARS face powder and check that out. But, for now, my go to duo is going to be the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer topped with my MAC Studio Fix face powder. I might try others but for a night on the town or when I need to look my best, I'm going to go with what works.


Have you noticed this halo effect with your concealer? Is it just in the dark spot area? Has NAR and/or MAC figured it all out? I definitely plan to investigate further.

No comments:

Post a Comment