Mar 9, 2015

Make It Up As You Go Beauty Subscription Bag Service - March Preview


Hey there!

It's the first month of my Make It Up As You Go Beauty Subscription Bag Service (NOT a real service, teehee) and I'm excited about what's in my bag! For those of you that didn't read yesterday's post (and why didn't you? It was just yesterday!) I have decided to create my own beauty subscription bag/box for myself (and only myself). I didn't have the best luck with Ipsy so I thought perhaps I could do better for me.

So the first product in my bag was a full size (awesome!) of the Proclaim Coconut & Macadamia Nut Oil Hand & Body Lotion ($1.99, Sally Beauty Supply). G from Nouveau Cheap (If you aren't subscribed to her blog AND Instagram AND twitter feed you are missing out! She gives great reviews and lets you know when makeup and beauty items go on sale. She is the truth!!) mentioned it and I kept saying that the next time I went to Sally Beauty I was going to pick some up. So I got one of the last ones that they had on the shelf and I am super excited to try it.

I only saw one video that mentioned the Wet n Wild Coloricon Contouring Palette ($3.93, Wal-mart) and because of that one video I made sure that I searched it out. I picked up Caramel Toffee. I think it may be a tad too light but just like in other beauty subscription bags/boxes, sometimes that happens. If it's too light I'll try to make it work. It it's too, too light, then I'll gift it.

I am soooo excited about my Real Techniques Sculpting Brush ($9.98, Wal-Mart). I have been hunting this bad boy down for a month. I have been working on soft contour. I don't like to look overly made up. I just want to stay soft and natural. I am hoping this brush will be magical and help out.

I also picked up the Bubble White 5 Minute Effervescent Nail Cleanser ($1.99, Sally Beauty Supply). I've been watching a lot of nail videos and a few people keep mentioning this product. I decided that with the amount of polish I use, I might want to try it. I picked up one for me and one for my sister. She's been trying out polishes too. I'm trying to talk her into a polish review. Comment and tell her you want to hear from her!

The final item "in my bag" was an Essence Lipstick in Wear Berries ($2.99, ULTA). I've heard a lot about Essence makeup and I really wanted to try their lippies out. How fortuitous that "they" put it in my subscription bag!

And look at the bag. No sir, that's not a cheapy cheap bag. I have the fortune of being able to shop at the Atlanta Apparel Mart. Several of the shops in the mart sell nice purses for great prices. This cute, deep red wristlet was $12 and looks so nice. I know, I know. This isn't the type of makeup bag that beauty subscription services have but out of all of those bags, I only use 1 of them on a semi-regular basis. 1, I gave away at Christmas and the others sit in a drawer collecting dust. I wanted MY beauty bag to be something I really use.

Oh! And, before I forget, this beauty subscription bag/box is not a real service! I'm not selling anything. The only way you can get what I have is if you go buy it. I'm not mailing anything out to anyone. This is a little cutsie thing I've done for myself.

But, you can do it too! Just pick up 5 random items, new to you, new brands to you, interesting items, that sort of thing. They can be any price point, any type of item. You can do 5 different candle brands or coffee brands or wine brands (invite me over please). Try them out for a few weeks and then see what you think. It's a really fun way to branch out of your usual stuff and try new things!


Let me know what you decide to try and I'll come back in a few weeks and tell you what I think of this bag!!

No comments:

Post a Comment