Feb 14, 2015

Zoya Haul plus 3 Free Mini Polishes


 Hey There!

Ok, so it's not quite a haul. It's only 3 nail polishes but I saw a great deal and I grabbed it. That's all I can say. I've discovered that a few times a year Zoya does that. They will have a fantabulous sale and I'll pounce then. 

I haven't made it a secret that Zoya and I aren't besties. To me, they aren't any better than my Sally Hansens or even my Wet n Wilds. But, that being said, they aren't bad. So, if I see a sale that brings them under the $9 or $10 price tag, I'll bite. 

This deal was buy 3 free, get 3 minis and only pay $15. That means you are paying 5 bucks and getting 3 minis free. I can live with that, especially since 2 of the colors were ones that I was super curious about anyway. Let's just call this 3 shades of purple, shall we?


Marnie is said to be the closest to the color of the year, Marsala. I am in love with the color of the year because it's a color that works very well with my complexion. This color isn't as close as I'd like to think. Don't get me wrong. It is a beautiful, deep brown-purple that is about as vampy as I like to get but it isn't my idea of Marsala. No worries though. I'll wear this color with pride.

Aubrey is very close to Marnie in the bottle but, it is actually more of a plum-wine purple. It too is very beautiful and rich and creamy. I will have no problem rockin' this one either.

Odette is a dusty, winter purple. To me it's the truest purple of the group but of course, not grape.

Many people have mentioned how upset they are about the 3 minis that Zoya sent with their purchased. You know, I'm not bothered. They were free polishes that honestly, I'd never have bought but now I get to try. They look kinda weird but come one nail polish gurus! You know we can make them work!


The first nail polish mini is Charlotte. It's an innocent looking cream color. I think this off white with a splash of pale yellow will make a great nail art base or something. I'm going to play with it and see what I can do.

The second nail polish mini is Anais. It's a pale black. Does that make since? It's not gray. It's not true black. It's pale black. You would need three coats of this one. The others two coats work. I'm not sure what I'll do with this one but I will make it work. I promise.

The last freebie color is Severine. It's a weird green, gold color. It doesn't look like a pure gold color. I have no idea what to do with this color. I mean, I'm sure I'll do some funky nail art but...never mind. I'll figure it out.

So $15 later, I have 3 polishes that I think I love and 3 mini polishes that I am going to love playing with.


I'll let you know in a bit how it all works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment