Feb 20, 2015

Mules Are Back!

Photo credit -Glamour magazine 

Hey there!

I am so excited! Mules are coming baaaaaaaack!!!!!! Are you looking at me and shrugging your shoulders? DO you NOT understand what I am saying to you? I am saying that cute, backless shoes that you slide your toes into (and they may or may not be exposed) that were popular in the 90s and 80s and 70s...well I saw it on "the blogs" and they are coming back!

Photo credit - Amazon.com

I love sandals so it's no big surprise that this form of sandal pleases me so much. Wikipedia doesn't say much about what a mule is but the world wide web sure has lots of pretty mules. My favorite of all time is the original Candies mule.

I remember my first pair of Candies. I died to get those shoes. I don't remember what made my mom ever allow me to get them. Heck, I don't walk in heels now! Can you imagine how many times I must have fallen then? But those Candies were different! They were special. They began my love affair with a slip on shoe.

 
Photo credit - Amazon.com


I don't like shoes at all really. I spend most of my life barefoot. A sandal is a fashion must because, let's face it, it's the next closest thing to barefoot that you can get. And what's next to a sandal? Well yes, a heeled sandal but I mean a mule!

There is something sexy about a bare heel (if it's not all crusty). I mean I love my toes but not everyone is confident about their toes. Not everyone can pull off cute toes. But, some buffing and lotion and you've got some good heels. You can show those suckers off even when your toe nail polish is chipping. That's why a mule is just about the sexiest shoe available.

 
Photo credit - Amazon.com

And that's why I am so excited about these shoes. No, I don't own any of these (yet) but I do own a few pairs of mules and I'm ready to wear them.


And yes, my toes are polished.

No comments:

Post a Comment