Feb 19, 2015

Latest Lippie Love Combos

 Hey there!

Normally I keep all of my current lippies just scattered on my makeup counter. They get in the way but I like having them handy (rather than put away nicely, like a normal person) so I decided to put them in an old candle jar. Then, I thought wow, I've been wearing the same color combos a lot! It actually slapped me in the face when I was going to put on my Valentine's Day lip combo. I've actually been wearing my VDay lippie for several days cause it's so pretty. I posted it on my Instagram and thought maybe the good people that read my blog would like to see the rest of my lip combos (of course they would!). So this one is for you!



Let's start with the first lippie love combo. For Valentine's Day (and several days after it) I was loving a pinky red lip. It's crazy how I forget that I can actually pull this off. My complexion has so much red in it, I can pull off a red with very little effort. This one though...wow! It's KatVonD's Studded Kiss Lipstick in Bachelorette and Revlon ColorBurst Lipgloss in Adorned. I line my lips with Rimmel London 1000 Kisses Lip Liner in Cherry Kiss. Va Va Va Voom! I love this combo. So pretty and so perfect for the day o'love!


I like a "nude for me" lipstick combo. There is something sultry about just a hint of color on the lips. One of my favorites is Urban Decay's Ladyflower topped with Milani's Mauve Fetish. I use NYX Nude Pink liner to line my lips. Lovely! It's a light nude that stays in rotation.

My other "just this side of nude" has been Bite Beauty Lipstick in Pepper, NYX Butter Gloss in Angel Food Cake and NYX liner in Nude Pink (again). It's a soft, sweet color that doesn't look like I'm wearing anything but oh, wait, yes I am. Again, looking natural takes a lot of makeup!



My darker nude is a combo of Maybelline ColorSensational Lipstick in Untainted Spice, NYX Butter Gloss in Angel Food Cake (again) and Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner in Rich. It's not vampy or anything but it's a deeper nude that I've been loving for the winter months. The lipstick is matte but the Butter Gloss makes it moist. And, the look is day to night fantastic.

I have a ton of lipstick and I could/should be wearing it but these are my faves and they have been making the rounds more than any of the others. I guess it's probably proof that you don't need a ton of makeup to look 'purty' everyday. But really, having less makeup wouldn't be as much fun for either of us, would it?


What had your lips been showing off a lot? Do you have a favorite that you been rocking more than others? Or, are you just ready for the spring colors?!

No comments:

Post a Comment