Feb 22, 2015

Favorite Bronzers - January & February


Hey there!

It's winter people. I look like Casper the Friendly Ghost (you know, the black lady version) because I haven't gotten any sun. I am pretty durn pale. So what I have been doing like crazy, is making sure I have bronzer on all the time. I mean like, when I go to the grocery store, I won't put on lipstick but I'll bronze my pastey self.

I've been flitting between the same 2 bronzers since the beginning of January. I thought about it last night and decided I probably need to put them down a bit and use something else for the next 30 days or so. But, I can't put them away without telling you good people what has made my skin not so vampire-ish.

I found my Revlon Photoready Bronzed and Chic Bronzer last year and fell in love. It's the blush that has those 4 quadrants that when blended together create an amazing warm glow on your skin. If you want to go all "sculpty-sculpty" then you can use the bottom 2 quadrants for deep sculpting and then use the top 2 for right above the sculpting point to give some highlight. I don't mean sparkly, shiny highlight. I mean defining the area about where you just bronzed. The price point for this one is about $12.99 (I got mine for about four bucks) but it's well worth it. I promise you!

I've also been using my NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny. This isn't deep bronzing on my face but it is warm and yummy and gives my face life. I mean it really brightens my face and gives me a glow in these chilly winter months. It runs about $3 (usually less) and it's a cult fave on the blogs and YouTube. Of course I had to run and get it. I must say it is a great purchase. I only use it for warmth and not deep contouring.

So, what will I be using next month? I purchased an e.l.f. Glow Bronzer a few months ago and I just keep forgetting about it. My goal right now is to use it enough to give a really good review on it. I mean I know that I like the color over all but I need to get down in the trenches and figure out how I really like it.

I haven't given my old e.l.f. Contouring Blush & Bronzer duo in St. Lucia any love in a long time. Now, the blush makes me look cray cray but the bronzer is surprisingly amazing on my cheeks. I say surprisingly because to look at it in the pan, it looks unremarkable. On my cheeks, well that's another story.

I also have my Black Radiance Pressed Powder in Honey Amber. Yes, in the summer I can use it as a face powder but in the winter I can use it as a bronzer. Not a full out bronzer but just a touch of color bronzer for those "natural" days.

So Revlon and NYC are going to go on vacation for a bit while I rotate my makeup stash. How else am I going to have know that all my makeup is worthy of staying in my home.


What are you bronzing with this month? Are you as ready for spring as I am?

No comments:

Post a Comment