Jan 30, 2015

Nail Polish - January




Hey There!

I bought more nail polish this month than I have in a very long time. I tried out some gel polishes and I purchased the OPI Shades of Grey collection. I am currently waiting on a Zoya purchase and I have several polishes that I picked up to try.



Wet n Wild polishes are some of my faves, you guys know that. These WnWs are no exception. I picked up 2 of the new colors of Wild Shine - Yo Soy and Who Is Ultra Violet?. Both of these creams are so pretty but would you expect differently? I love WnW! I only chose 2 colors because I have a pretty extensive WnW collection, and I was pretty sure that some of the new colors were probably too close to some of my old ones that I didn't need them.  These however, were too pretty to pass up. The formula appears to be just as good but the wand may end up being a problem. The wand inside the new fangled cap seems a bit flimsy. I haven't used the polish yet (just swatches) so it will be interesting to see how they work out.


I don't normally purchase high end polishes unless I get a great price on them. This Zoya in Monet, was from Ulta. It was on sale for half off but then I got another 1/2 off, plus my $3.50 off coupon - score! I wouldn't wear it alone but on top of a soft color, this would be pretty.


These Julie G's are my very first Julie G's. Of course I've heard of the brand but my RiteAid stores don't always have nice colors. Our seasonal displays often come weeks after everyone else's and we don't have many of them to go around. I had to struggle to find these two colors - Cabana Boy and Peep Toe Pumps. Cabana Boy is a pretty blue cream polish and Peep Toe Pumps is a berry cream color. I have been wearing Peep Toe Pumps for the past 4 days and loving the color. I have no doubt that I will love Cabana Boy just as much when I put it on. My only complaint? The formula is pretty runny.



And what did I wear on my nails besides the Julie G, Peep Toe Pumps? I wore both of these Sally Hansen Insta-Dri polishes. Slick Slate and Expresso were gorgeous colors. I was so pleased with them. The formula was great and they didn't chip for several days. They dry well and you can get away with 1 coat on this brand. I very rarely have a problem with Sally Hansen.

And that's what I wore and purchased this month. Like I said, I purchased some Zoya polishes during their 3 for $15, free shipping plus 3 special polishes (mini's I presume). I don't plan to purchase any more colors next month (unless I find the Sinful Colors Valentine's colors) but I do have quite a few polishes I have to try. You'll get to enjoy that next month...

...unless I do buy a bunch of other polishes.


Which could happen. You know me!

No comments:

Post a Comment