Jan 14, 2015

Lavanila Deodorant in Pure Vanila



Hey There!

I am going to title this "YouTube Made Me Do It".  I hadn't even heard of Lavanila deodorant. Until about a year ago, I had been in my own blissful little world, loving my Secret deodorant. Then YouTube and all of its beauty gurus and healthy people told me about this healthy deodorant and I just had to have it! So, during the Sephora VIB sale, I bought it. Then one weekend I decided to test it.

I hated it.

It appears to be a solid but it's too wet to be a solid. I had to hold my arms up for several minutes just like a roll on. I don't like doing that. I like to swipe and go. And then after about an hour I felt wet again. I sniffed and I still smelled ok but I felt the need to hold my arms up and let them air out.


Then an hour later it was the same thing.

So the next day I used a bit more Lavanila deodorant. I thought perhaps I hadn't used it enough the first day. So, I swiped for a longer time, held my arms up even longer for maximum drying power and sure enough, an hour later...wetness.

I can't say that this deodorant doesn't work because I guess it does. I never smelled stinky but I didn't feel fresh and dry. The scent is very pleasant but I kept getting wet every hour and I can't sit at my desk with my arms up every day! People will talk!

I did do my fair share of research before I purchased this (surprise, surprise, huh?!) and apparently I am the only person in the WORLD that doesn't care for this deodorant. People really like it, just not me.


I do not have plans for repurchasing this. My Secret deodorant is safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment