Jan 19, 2015

Laila Ali Ceramic Straightener


Hey There!

My hair has grown quite a bit since I purchased my original flat iron brand 10 or so years ago. I wasn't using the same flat iron from 10 years ago, but I was using the same brand. I've purchased the same Conair flat iron 3 times. I really enjoyed using it!

Recently, I noticed that my Conair was pulling at my hair, even snapping strands out. I was thinking that it was just old and was time to get a new one but in my research I realized that one - my Conair is a 3/4" plate and two - the plate length wasn't long enough for the new length of my hair. It's good for shorter hair but longer hair, not so much (not that my hair is butt long or anything -- just about shoulder length).

So, like I said, I researched my booty off, cause that's what I do. I decided to try the Lila Ali Superior Ceramic Straightener Styling Tool ($26 at Wal-Mart). It boasts " 1" Plates with Rounded Edges" and it "smoothes the liveliest of hair in seconds". It has multiple heat settings (450˚ F being the hottest - I don't use that), 30 second heat up, automatic shut-off and a tangle-free swivel cord. Those were things that I knew I wanted. Some things that it has that I didn't know that I wanted were rounded edges and heat recovery.



I've used the straightener for 2 weeks now and I notice a difference, oh yes ma'am I do. It doesn't take me as long to flat iron my hair after washing it. Part of the reason is the heat recovery (that means it stays the same temperature pass after pass) but the other reason is the length of the ceramic plate. My Conair flat iron is 3 1/4" long and the Laila Ali is 3 1/2" long. That doesn't sound like a big deal but it is. If you take the same section of hair and give it a 1/4 of an inch to spread out, you get heat going to more strands of hair. Yes, you could part off smaller sections of hair but that takes more time and when it already takes an hour (maybe 45 minutes for the first wash after a touch up), you don't want to add time. The last time I flat ironed my hair, (first time after a touch up) it took 35 minutes. Yep, women with coarse hair just went "woah!" all over the place.

The other little gem that I like is the rounded edges. Why didn't someone tell me about this? I can get a curl like nobody's business! I am tossing my head back and forth like my mama put beads on my braids (took some of y'all back huh?!). This really did the trick.



Now, I've only used this for 2 weeks but I am so impressed. I don't flat iron daily and with this baby I can go an extra day or two. Give me a month or so and I'll have to report back if my love for this product is really lust.


I am writing me and this flat iron's names in hearts on my trapper keeper people. Yes, it's that serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment