Jan 9, 2015

Ipsy Bag - December - Review


Hey there!

Soooooo. Let's just jump into what I did with what I got this month. I mentioned earlier in December that my 5 items were a Beauty Without Cruelty A.H.A. 3% Facial Cleanser, NYX Cosmetics Butter Lip Balm, Pixi by Petra Fairy Dust, Swissco Electroplated Eyelash Curler and a tarte deluxe lights, camera, lashes 4-in-1 mascara.

I gave my mother the tarte deluxe lights, camera, lashes 4-in-1 mascara ($20 on the tarte website, no Ipsy discount offered). One of her Christmas gifts was a bag of mascaras. She is always looking for a good mascara so I thought I'd give her several to try out.

The Swissco Electroplated Eyelash Curler ($5 on its website, no discount offered by Ispy) was gifted to a friend. I didn't ask her to tell me what she thought of it. The Pixi by Petra Fairy Dust ($10 with a 20% discount offered by Ipsy) was also gifted to a friend. She seemed to like it well enough.

I kept the Beauty Without Cruelty A.H.A. 3% Facial Cleanser and the NYX Cosmetics Butter Lip Balm. I liked the facial cleanser well enough. I didn't see anything good or bad. It's a cleanser. It's nice that it didn't break me out or do anything negative but at $11.95 for a 8.5 oz cleanser, I think I'll pass (15% discount offered by Ipsy). The NYX Cosmetics Butter Lip Balm at $4.00 is a much better deal (25% discount offered by Ipsy). The product was very nice on the lips and moisturizing but I got the color Parfait and it wasn't good for my complexion. I would have liked Panna Cotta, Biscotti or Brownie better but I'll still wear it at home.

I also mentioned that the bag itself was on the cheap side. I wasn't a fan and have it at the ready to give to my young niece.

So, I paid $10 for $50.95 with of products. I am not a fan folks. I just didn't enjoy this month. It was good for giving gifts but now that the holidays are over, I don't think I want to give half of my bags away. I've seen this month's bag (preview on the site) and I'm still not a fan.

So...I think I'll be cancelling my subscription.

What have you guys thought of your bags? Worth it?



What is an Ipsy Bag?(<-- a link to the about Ipsy page only, however my personal link is below), Ipsy is a subscription service makeup bag and for $10 a month, you get a bag and 5 beauty items -- sometimes full size, most of the time sample sizes. Some of the companies that supply items are very well known and some are lesser known companies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment