Jan 1, 2015

Happy New Year!!



Happy Birthday!

I just love using the line from Frosty The Snowman. It's the perfect line for any special occasion but it's really the perfect line for my blog! Today, my blog is one year old!

Now, we have to allow for the fact that for about 2 weeks I was using another website and had to move all of the first posts over to this one (so all of my first posts are dated 1/13/14). But that doesn't take away from the fact that on January 1, 2014 I decided to talk makeup with everyone in the world, even though I knew very little about it. This year, together, we have stumbled upon some great finds. Let's not talk about the bad ones, shall we.

Anyway, Happy Birthday Make It Up As You Go (MIUAYG)! Hopefully we will have many more birthday celebrations to come.

And now to what everyone really wants to know. You want to know what I've resolved for the new year. You want to know what my word of the year is. You want to know what my goals are. Well, here you go.

My words of the year are "self care". Why, you might ask, are those my words of the year? Well, as many moms and wives and caregivers know, we are the last people that we take care of. We take care of everyone else first and then if there is time, if there is energy, if there is anything else to give, we do for ourselves. Well, I've decided that this year I am going to take care of myself more. I'm going to do more for my mind, body and spirit. I'm also going to spoil myself a bit more.

I know, I know. If you read this blog it would appear I already spoil myself. Well, yeah. But I also feel so guilty for spoiling myself. This year, 2015, I'm going to spoil myself and not feel guilty. If you've ever read a blog post and thought, "Why the hell is she spending money on that? Doesn't she already have one of those? Why does she need one of those?", I say to you, "Shut the..." no, no, I don't say that. I say "Self care, my darling, self care."

Goals for the year. I have written 43 goals for the year. Why 43? Because this year I turn 43. No! Don't cringe. I am proud to turn 43. It means that 42 other years tried to kick my ass and I didn't let them. I won! The assassins failed. So, I have written 43 goals, some superficial (own a Chanel item, make VIB Rouge), some are lofty (save $4300, find a cure for stupidity - being silly, that's not one) and some are for the mind, body and spirit (visit 7 new cities, read 43 books). I won't list them here (some are super secret) but as I accomplish them, I'll let you know (except for the super secret ones).

And, no, I haven't made any resolutions. I stopped doing that years ago. I make goals instead. Lose weight, stop biting my nails, go to the gym more, be nicer, stop swearing like a sailor -- those are all things that we resolve to do and do well...in January. Then February rolls around and you go back to flipping someone off every day. No, no, I make lists and goals and I feel better that way. I feel like I am actually accomplishing something.

So, what are my blog goals for this year? Well, I'm going to blog better. By better, I mean I'm going to blog about what I like and therefore have more interesting things to say. I mean, sometimes I try to sit and write a post for days because I don't really want to write the post. This year, I simply won't write that post. I mean there has to be a reason that I don't want to write that post. And, sometimes there are things I want to write about but they aren't really beauty related. Well, that's ok. If the title doesn't interest you, that might be the day that you don't read the post and yes, that's acceptable.

Self care. I guess that's a nice way of saying, I'm going to be a little bit selfish. And if that bothers anyone, then just like my brand new wallet says...


Have a Happy New Year people! If you want to make a resolution...do! If you don't want to make one...don't! Either way, I love you bunches!!

No comments:

Post a Comment