Jan 2, 2015

Best In Beauty 2014


Hey There !

Yep, I'm doing it. I'm telling you all about my 2014 loves. I have spent the last week thinking about some of the products that I have used almost every day this year and those are the items that won Best in Beauty in my book.



Maybelline Baby Lips lip balms have been slathered on my lips ALL year! I love them! I keep then all over the place. My favorite for night is the Dr Rescue and all day is the Quenched flavor -- it smells like Fruity Pebbles! How can you pass that up?! These are so moisturizing and the price is just right. I have about 6 or 7 of these all around the house (in my purse, in my desk, by the bed...you know).

I've only owned my NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Biscuit for 2 months now but I am in LOVE with this concealer! I used my Bare Minerals Correcting Concealer in Tan 2 for years and then this NARS concealer came into my life. It's the perfect consistency, the perfect color and lasts maybe an hour longer than Bare Minerals. If I'm wearing full foundation, 2 hours.


One would think that I'd slow down on my makeup brush purchases but, I haven't. Some of my favorite brushes have been my e.l.f. Brushes from the studio line. The regular $1 line is fine but the $3 line is A...Maze....Ing! My favorite and most used brush is the Angled Blush Brush. I use it every day for my contouring. I also love the regular Studio Blush Brush. I use it to pop highlighter on the tops of my cheeks. I also use the Small Tapered Brush for under eye setting powder.


Mentioning under eye, I have fallen in love with the e.l.f. High Definition Undereye Setting Powder. I was afraid of the sparkle at first but the sparkle in the container doesn't come off under your eye. I go between the e.l.f. under eye concealing powder and the Bare Minerals concealing powder. This works beautifully with both.

I have many, many face powders. I don't like foundation as much as powder so I have to have one that delivers great coverage, matches my complexion with a hint of color and lasts for a good bit of the day. My favorite this year has been my Lancôme Dual Finish Powder in Bisque. It is just perfect in every way. If I'm not testing anything or just want to grab and go, this is the one I grab for.

My blush of the year was my e.l.f. Blush Palette in dark. Man! you can really do so many things with it. I think the only time I didn't use this was when I was testing others. I really enjoyed the versatility of it. The colors last a long time and you only need a touch on my cheeks. Now that I have the light palette, we are going to fall in love with that one.



I discovered my eyebrows this year. I had tried brow taming before and just didn't do it correctly. Then I tried it again with my Anastasia Brow Wiz in soft brown. Late to the party but dancin' like a fool when I got there! I like the color and the fact that it stays put like a champ. This is the only colored brow product that I use now.

Lips, lips, lips. I have waaaay too many lipsticks and lip glosses to pick my faves of the year. I was testing so many lippies that I can't pick a favorite but what I can tell you is that NYX Retractable Lip Liner in Nude Pink has been my go to lip liner all year.  I thought I had lost it for about a week and so I picked up another one (and then, of course, found the original one). It's a beautiful dusty pink that goes with almost every lippie I own. It complements pinks, browns and even a few reds! And, it's cheap as all get out. If you don't own that one, you really have to get it.

My very lush, very decadent product of the year has been my Caudalíe Beauty Elixir.  It's a spray of freshness and peppermint that I put on most nights. It prepares my face for sleep and I enjoy it so much. I've heard folks say that it's over priced for something that doesn't have a purpose other than to refresh the face. It's a bit expensive but it really is worth it. I mean if you found something that instantly changes your mood and makes you feel renewed and refreshed, isn't it worth it? I think so.


And last, but not least, I have to talk about my favorite nail accoutrement. I know that everyone has their favorite nail top coat but when I tell you that Sally Hansen Insta-Dri is my forever love...you'd better believe it! I always paint my nails about 20 minutes before bed time and this top coat dries my nails in about 5 minutes. I very, very rarely get sheet marks or mistakes. This stuff is great. 

So what did you show the most love to in 2014? Are you ready for 2015? Do you already have something that you are sure will be a winner?

No comments:

Post a Comment