Dec 20, 2014

Wal-Mart Beauty Box - Winter 2014


Hey There!

I got my Wal-Mart Beauty box Friday before I left work. I forgot that I had even ordered it because it only comes once a quarter. The Wal-Mart box is $5 and I know it's worth twice that. I have to admit it's my favorite beauty box of all.

My box had 2 Pond's items - Pond's Original Fresh Wet Cleansing Towelettes ($4.67 for 30 count) and Pond's Rejuveness Anti-Wrinkle Cream ($8.97 for 7 oz). To be honest I have several face creams and there is one that I have fallen in love with (more on that below) so I may gift this item to someone in exchange for review (yep, I pimp out my folks).

I got a sample pack (and $1 coupon) of the Nivea Cocoa Butter Body Lotion ($4.97 for 16.9 fl oz). I'm not 100% sure that I've tried this before so I'm excited to try it now. I like the smell of cocoa butter and this one if the dry to very dry skin. In the winter I do have very dry skin so this is going to work out well.

To continue the dry skin theme, Wal-Mart included an Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion, Sheer Hydration ($5.97 for 12 fl oz). I like Aveeno. The kiddo and I have dry, sensitive skin so Aveeno is a staple in our house. I already know that I like this and because it's a nice, compact size, it's going in my purse.

I also received a tiny tube of Olay tone perfecting cream ($21.94 for 1.7oz). I went online and this is supposed to recapture healthy-looking, youthful luminosity. It sounds good but again, I already have fallen in love with something else, so this goes to a friend as well.

Now, we move to a sample of something that I love. L'Oreal Paris Age Perfect Cell Renewal Day Cream ($19.97 for 1.7oz) and Golden Serum ($19.97 for 1 oz).. My last Wal-mart box had the L'Oreal Paris Revitalift Triple Power Deep-Acting Moisturizer in it. I used that sample for quite a while and decided I liked it enough to purchase the big jar. But, when I got to the store, I saw the gold jar and the fact that it's going to help my dry, fragile, dull and lackluster skin. I bought a small sample size ($6.99) to try. Now that I have this sample, I'll try the sample before cracking open the one I purchased. And, if all goes well, I might add the serum to my routine too. Very excited about this folks!!

My hair should be fantastically glorious this season because I got TWO hair sample packs! I got the L'Oreal Advanced Haircare Color Vibrancy Nourishing Shampoo ($3.97 for 12.6 fl oz), Conditioner ($3.97 for 12.6 fl oz), and Instant Shock Treatment ($5.97 for 6.8 oz). I'm excited about this trio because I really like L'Oreal hair care products.

I also get to try out the John Frieda Luxurious Volume Touchably Full Shampoo and Conditioner "for colour-treated hair" ($5.47 for 8.45 fl oz). My hair isn't color treated but normally color treated products are good for chemically processed hair as well.


Nice box huh? I'll get back to you with my thoughts and my friends thoughts soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment