Dec 21, 2014

Samples, Samples Everywhere


Hey There!

It's been quite a while since I peeked in my sample bin. I had to look though because I ordered soooo much stuff the past 2 months, I have a ton of samples. I thought you'd lovely people might be interested in seeing what I have going on!

My least favorite sample in the world has to be the hair shampoo and conditioner samples. I mean, you can't really get a good read on if a shampoo and conditioner is any good from those small, .34 oz sample packs! So, I just use them and keep it moving. I did get a Matrix Oil Wonders in something (I think Sephora or Ulta) and I'm interested in trying that out though.

Everyone wanted me to smell good because everyone included fragrance samples. Sephora did a good job with their sample cards. I got Philosophy Amazing Grace, Chloé, Vicktor & Rolf Flower Bomb, Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream, Prada Candy Florale, Tory Burch, Dior J'Adore and Burberry My Burberry. The cards have the pricing right on them. Nice touch. I also chose an Elizabeth and James Nirvana for her, sample. I feel weird though because everyone mixes it with the white one. It smells good in the bottle. I'll let you know if I like it once I spray it.

I placed 3 separate orders with Sephora (don't you judge me!!) so I also got skin care samples. I got the Jurlique Herbal Recovery Advanced Serum and Sephora Instant Moisturizer. I didn't request a lot of skin care samples because I pretty much like my current routine. But, it's nice to have travel sizes and some options.

I also got some skincare with my Kiehl's order. I got the Purifying Foaming Cleanser, Ultra Facial Cleanser, Clarify-Activating Toner and 2 containers of the Soy Milk & Honey Whipped Body Butter. Those two smell delightful.

When you order makeup, you get makeup samples. Urban Decay sent me a Flushed Trio card (I'm quite excited to try that) and Sephora sent me Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer, Bobbie Brown Skin Foundation and Per-fékt matte body perfection gel in tan. I also scored a Sarah McNamara Skin Transformer packet (there are too many words on it). I don't remember which company this came from.


All of the samples are nice and fun but I have trouble using them. I am a total "out of sight, out of mind" kinda girl. If I don't see my perfumes, I don't use them. If I don't see these samples, I won't use them either. So my plan is to keep these goodies right where I can see them. And, I plan on keeping you sweet folks in the know if they are good or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment