Dec 7, 2014

2015 Color of the Year - Marsala


(Photo borrowed from Instagram post that borrowed it from pantone.com)

Hey There!

Last year was the first year that I really paid attention to the Pantone color of the year. I had no knowledge that the 2012 color of the year was Tangerine Tango (thank goodness). I vaguely remember that the 2013 was emerald green. I don't wear emerald green makeup so I pretty much ignored that. Then last year was radiant orchid. That was a bit better. I can get with fuchsia colored lip gloss and the blush selection was pretty good too. This year was dubbed the year of Marsala!

I don't know about you but I was EXCITED about the 2015 color of the year. The pantone website says that Marsala is "A naturally robust and earthy wine red". After inspecting it, I'm noticing a brown/nude hue. That makes me soooo happy.

As soon as I saw the color of the year, I checked my companies art department to get a true sense of what the color looked like. My first guess had been a plan, mid tone brown. Once I investigated, I could see the hint of wine color that made it warm and hearty. Then I went to sephora.com and pinterest.com and saw all of the wonderful lipsticks and blushes and nail polishes that had been suggested. I knew that 2015 was my year.

I've spent a lot of time investigating the color palette for my perfect shades. Some days I must have looked like a clown going to work. I tried everything that I thought might look good on me. I finally decided that just hints of color worked best. Chocolate bronzers, peachy brown blushes, nude lips in shades of pink and champagne were best for me. Then Marsala happened.



Do you know what this means? Well according to the makeup world, Bite Beauty's lippie in Musk and Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie in First Finish will be in my collection. I now have a valid excuse for purchasing NARS blush in Doucer and The Becca Rose Gold Shimmering Skin Prefector (like I needed one). It means warm colors and I guess the Kylie Jenner lip (this is honestly the FIRST time I googled that to see what it meant). It means that my face will be fashionable! Score!

I'm excited about the 2015 Color of the Year. I have only seen bits and pieces of the makeup around the web. And, I've seen even less in the way of drugstore makeup. Once more items come out, I will happily update you on what it means for my makeup stash.


Does the color of the year matter to you? Do you even know that there is a color of the year? What will it mean to you this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment