Nov 13, 2014

Quickie Review - Jesse's Girl Liquid Crystal Lip Gloss in Violet


Hey There!

I walked into my local Rite Aid, spotted the Jesse's Girl cosmetics and caught a glimpse of the Liquid Crystal Lip gloss in Violet. It was the prettiest, iridescent lippie I had ever seen. I picked it up without knowing the price (paid the $5) and brought it home.

The reviews online are astounding. Everyone loves them. I just knew I'd love it too.

But I didn't really.

I mean it's nice. It's smooth and it does give off a lilac tinted glow. If I wore this by itself it would probably knock my socks off but I'm not sure that I like it enough to wear alone. It's not as moisturizing as an "alone" lip gloss would be. It doesn't last on your lips more than about 30 minutes and it also has a weird smell that I'm not fond of.

What I really don't like is that when I top it over lipsticks, it removes the color of the lipstick. I like my glosses to enhance my lip color, not remove it. And, I expected it to make the lipsticks prettier and iridescent. It didn't.

I'm not sure what I expected from this lip gloss so maybe it's my fault for picking it up. Maybe it's my fault for putting so much weight on the shoulders of this gloss. But, it just didn't make me want to add it to my collection. It didn't even make me want to put it in the back of my collection. I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with it...


...but I won't be wearing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment