Nov 11, 2014

Buxom Winner Takes All



Hey There!

Before the Sephora VIB sale I had to take a lipstick back and I exchanged it for the Buxom Winner Takes All 6 piece mini lip polish and lip cream collection. I have several Buxom glosses and really like them. I thought I'd enjoy the mini's because I've transitioned to smaller purses and the mini's are perfect for that.

I love this purchase. It gave me 6 new colors to try and man are they pretty displayed on my vanity (it's true!). If you haven't tried Buxom glosses before, you really need to run into a Sephora store and try one. They do tingle the tiniest bit but they are comfortable, last a good long while and the variety of colors that Buxom offers makes sure that you will find something you like.

Chloe, Sophia, Trixie (lip polishes), Creamsicle, White Russian & Berry Blast (lip creams)

I checked on line and there are one hundred full on lip polishes (ONE HUNDRED!), 10 lip creams and 10 lip glosses. That may seem like overkill to some people. As a brown skinned girl, I like that there are 100 glosses. Normally if a company has 20 lip gloss colors, only 5 or 6 really work on brown skinned girls. I might be able to get away with 2 or 3 more but with 120 colors total, well, I can wear a good 50% of these colors. So great!

These colors are probably more spring/summer colors for me but I love them. I wear the Berry Blast on its own when I just need a hint of color or I'm wearing very little makeup. I thought about picking up the large mama jama Buxom Roulette with 15 lip polishes and creams, but I decided that I wanted to pick my colors independently. Lip collections are nice when you are pretty sure you will like most of the colors but when you already have so many colors within a collection, being able to pick your own colors outweighs the bonus of a bunch of mini colors. I looked at this set and decided that only 3 of them were must haves (3 of them were already haves) and even at the $47.20 discounted price, I'd rather purchase the ones I really liked individually.

I'm not teasing that I did just that mind you.


You'll have to wait for the VIB unboxing to see what I did get!!

No comments:

Post a Comment