Nov 1, 2014

Ipsy Bag - October - Review




Hey there!

Happy November!!

I told you good people that this month my Ipsy bag included an Épicé International Purifying Exfoliant, a Figs & Rouge Hand Cream in Mango Mandarin, A ModelCo Volumeyes Extreme Black Mascara, a Nicole by OPI Nail Lacquer and a Starlooks Lip Gloss, all crammed into a teal, bag.

I'll go out of order and begin with the ModelCo Volumeyes Extreme Black Mascara. I personally didn't try it. I gave it to a co-worker to try out for me. She wears mascara everyday and did a much better job reviewing than I could have. Her quote -  "I didn't love it, it didn't lengthen or thicken my lashes even though I used my eyelash curler prior. And it smudges and it was hard to take off." Ooooh. There you have it folks. She's not a fan but I did hear that quite a bit in reviews. The regular price of this is $20 (minus your Ipsy discount of 15% = $17). The tall girl has spoken -- this is a no go.



Épicé International Purifying Exfoliant was nice. It was grittier than I prefer but it’s an exfoliant so I guess that’s its job. I did try it alone and with my favorite cleanser. It was fine. That’s it -- Nothing great, phenomenal or spectacular. It was just nice and fine. The regular price of this is $32 (minus your Ipsy discount of 50% = $16). But, I think even if this were at the dollar store for $1 I’d probably leave it. The amount of grit bothered me.



The first item I tried was the Figs & Rouge Hand Cream in Mango Mandarin. I opened it and used it almost the second I opened the bag. I like hand creams. The consistency was pretty nice. It was thick without being too oily (but it was kinda oily). The smell was the worst mango and/or mandarin smell I have EVER smelled. I couldn’t get past it. It did dissipate after a while but who had time to wait on that?! The regular price of this is $6.56 (minus your Ipsy discount of 15% plus delivery = $8.58). That’s not tooo bad. I might have actually considered it if I could have gotten past the smell.



The nail polish was the Nicole by OPI Nail Lacquer. I got the color Feeling Very Cherry. I really liked the color and the formula was great. It’s a vampy color (I know, I hate that word too but what else describes this?). My only downfall was that I wasn’t able to clean up around my nails successfully. The color was so dark that you can still see red streaks after my clean up. And, any chips are very, very noticeable. As a person that types all day, I can’t get away with a full week with this color. The regular price of this $5.99 (Target price) and Ipsy doesn’t offer a discount. I normally get my Nicole by OPIs from T.J. Maxx or Marshalls (after the season is over) for two or three dollars each. As of yet, there hasn’t been a color that jumped out at me when a collection has first come out.



And last but not least was the Starlooks Lip Gloss. It was in the shade Guilty Pleasure. I really liked this lippie! It’s a tiny bit thick but that’s ok. And the smell is sooo good. I am a sucker for a good smelling lip product. It’s a beautiful pinky nude that you can wear by itself (and get a decent color) or on top of a lipstick. The regular price of this is $12 (minus your Ipsy discount of 20% on $35 or more so….) BUT they also have an Ipsy special feature set of a liner, lip gloss and lipstick for $24 or the liner and lipstick for $22. Not a bad deal, I think.

Oh! That teal bag. That is the best Ipsy bag so far! I loved it. So chic, stylish and functional. It made a D Ipsy bag move up to a C. This month was a $59.57 bag that because of the polish, gloss and teal bag, was worth the $10. Ipsy is still on a month-to-month lease folks. I can say that it’s worth the $10 you spend so I have no problems with it, but it hasn’t really introduced me to any new brands that I have fallen in love with. The things that I loved were by brands that I already loved.


How are you feeling about your Ipsy bag? What? You haven’t joined yet? Well, you don’t have to but I think it’s worth it. What do you think?





Ipsy Link  <--- I've put my link right here in case you are interested in checking this out for yourself. I personally think it's a great deal for $10 BUT that is completely my opinion and if you don't want to use my link, that's okay too! If you are interested and would like to try them out, I'd be super stoked if you did use my Link. If you do decide to, come back and tell me how you like your first bag!!

No comments:

Post a Comment