Oct 25, 2014

Tag! What's In My Makeup Bag?



Hey There!

I went to a women's conference a few weeks ago and as I was packing I kept thinking about the other bloggers and vloggers that have done the "What's In My Makeup Bag" tag and I decided to do my own. I've been home for 2 weeks and I finally have time to go over everything.



No matter where you go, you have to pack a skin cleanser and moisturizer. Because I'd be wearing light makeup I didn't want to lug around heavy cleanser. I decided to take my new found love (which are currently in my drawer at work)-- my Wet n Wild Under The Sheets makeup wipes. A lot of folks don't like them because they are foamy and wet but I like them for travel because of that. I don't like to put hotel towels on my face so this gets my face clean enough that I don't have to. I also make sure to bring my Clinique All About Eyes Rich eye cream and my Neutrogena Oil-free Sensitive Skin moisturizer. I make sure that both of these are ALWAYS used twice a day.



I knew that I'd be sitting in a room full of women most of the two days so I didn't need to pack the big guns. We were going to have a formal dinner but again, all women and more "shop talk" than anything else. I was tempted not to pack any makeup but a good friend of mine that went to the conference with me always says you should try to add a little color to your face for you, not others, so I certainly wanted to pack a little bit of color.


I love my MAC  Studio Fix (NC 42). It adds the tiniest bit of color and does a great job of evening out my skin tone. To add a little contour and the slightest bit of color, I packed my Tarte Park Avenue Princess bronzer. It's not a deep bronzer -- it's a splash of life bronzer. It makes me look as though I have a healthy glow. To top it off, I didn't want to lug a highlighter and a blush so I packed my Maybelline Master Highlighting Blush in Mauve. I tipped my brush in the lightest shade and used it as a touch of highlight and then swirled over the rest of the cheek area for a glowing blush. Again, not a "night out on the town" blush but a "I might have had 8 hours of sleep and a good breakfast" blush.


I only took 2 makeup brushes with me. There wasn't any room for my whole makeup jar full of daily brushes. I brought my Claire's Kabuki brush and my e.l.f. Angled Blush Brush. I always say that when I bought my Claire's Kabuki brush I didn't expect it to be my number one, everyday brush. It is. I use it every day to apply my face powder. I can apply it heavily if I need to or lightly. It's the best $7.50 (I think) that I've ever spent. And, my second love is my e.l.f. Angled Blush Brush. I have two of these bad boys. I can use it to disperse my bronzer and blush. The size is great and the amount of product that it picks up is the correct amount. I have tried other bronzing brushes and blush brushes but none of them have matched this one.

I pulled out my Ipsy bag to carry my brushes in. This particular month's bag was perfect. The brushes fit very nicely into it and because it's plastic, I can wipe it off and disinfect it (inside and out) when needed.



One of my favorite lippies right now is my Kat Von D Studded Lipstick in Lovecraft. It's such a pretty mauvey pink. I love it. I also added 2 Rimmel London Full Color lip liners; one was to lighten the lipstick (Eastend Snob) and one was to darken it for my evening dinner event (Ravish). Both of them pair so well with the KVD lippie.

And that's it! No setting powder, no face primer, no finishing spray, nothing. I only brought the barest of essentials. Now, had it been a larger evening event, I'd have brought an eye pallet but that would have meant eye primer and different eye makeup remover and bringing my own face towels and... I decided that I didn't need to do that. That would have meant a second makeup bag to carry.


What do you take with you on overnight trips? Are you a minimalist or do to swipe the whole makeup counter into your bag? What can't you live without and what do you do without when you travel?

No comments:

Post a Comment