Oct 26, 2014

Sunday Funday - Fall Nail Colors (Deep Red Fall-like)



Hey There!

I started out searching my stash for cranberry colored polish. It was hard to find a "true" cranberry in my collection. Then I let it slide to berry colors in general. That was easier but a little bit all over the place. Then I just went for deep reds that I felt were Fall-like. Much easier and hey, who can question what I consider to be Fall-like?! 

So these are my deep red Fall-like polishes. 




Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Extreme Wear in Red Carpet, Finger Paints in Millefio-Red and Sephora It Girl are so similar that they are almost interchangeable. Red Carpet is has a tiny bit of sparkle and it's almost textured because of it. Millefio-Red is slightly brighter than the other two and It Girl is slightly richer. All three are very pretty fall colors. They aren't deep vampy colors so I'm good with wearing them on my fingers or my toes.



Orly Crawford's Wine and  Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Wine Not are deeper reds. They don't seem to be overly remarkable colors but they both create a pretty contrast on most complexions -- pale skin or very dark skin can pull off these two.



I also pulled out 2 very vampy, deep red colors - Essie's Bahama Mama and Nicole by OPI's Feeling Very Cherry. I love the fact that both of these are really sexy nail colors. They are both very bold colors that it took me a while to feel I could carry off.

I'll be honest with you. Now that I've shown you the colors (and I've worn 3 of them) I'll put them right back into their homes. While these are such pretty colors for Fall, they aren't where my heart is. I thought they would be in early October when I pulled these all out. But now that I've picked up some other Fall colors and done Sunday Fundays on pumpkin and chocolate colors AND now that I've rambled through my existing polish colors, I think my nails will be wrapped in other colors. I've been leaning toward gunmetal grays, dark teals and dark creme blues for the season. I'm not sure how much play these traditional reds are going to get before the Christmas season.


But stay tuned. Everything is subject to change -- you know that!

No comments:

Post a Comment