Oct 12, 2014

Semi-Annual e.l.f. Website Purchasing Frenzy Part Two


Hey There!

I had to break my semi-annual e.l.f. haul into two parts (part one). Partially because I wanted to give each item a good review, partially because I'm wordy and I didn't want to run anyone off. I only ordered 2 things, a blush and a "bag-o-goodies". It was the "bag-o-goodies" that made this a two parter.

There were 2 items in the goodie bag that I knew I'd be gifting. I already tried the Mineral Eyeshadow Primer in sheer ($3) and because I have dry lids, this did not work. I also decided to pass the Mineral Blemish Powder ($8) on because I don't really have acne or blemishes enough to open this. I figured rather than waste them, I'd gift them so a loving home. 

I tried the e.l.f. Mineral Mist and honestly I don't see the purpose. I mean I know what it is supposed to do and what it claims to do but it didn't do it for me. It smells weird almost stinky. I've read that the smell dissipates but I couldn't get over it. To me, this was just like the regular Mist and Set -- wet. Oddly enough, I tried to look this up to get a price and I couldn't find it on the website. The regular Mist ad Set is there but not this. Go figure.

I liked the Mineral Eye Brightener ($3). I didn't think it did anything but on three of my sleepiest days I had several people tell me how nice my eye makeup looked and I only had this on under my eye. You can pair it with the High Definition Undereye Setting Powder, which is amazing. I originally thought the sparkle of the setting powder would be too much but it is really nice. 

The e.l.f. Mineral Booster in sheer ($5) is supposed to help you "achieve the ultimate, translucent photo finish". It's ok. It's not gloriously fantastic, just ok. I probably wouldn't buy this but I will finish what I have.

And finally the Kabuki Face Brush ($6). This was one of the main reasons I tried this kit out. I really wanted to try this brush. I currently have a tight kabuki brush from Claire's that I have fallen in love with. It adds my face powder so smoothly and flawlessly. This kabuki brush is looser and a tad bit softer. It works best with loose powders. And it does work well. I really like it. I'd like it better with a longer handle but no worries. It's totally worth it.

So the second half would have run me $25 plus whatever the Revitalizing Mist use to cost. I enjoyed $14 worth of it. Not too bad considering I only paid about $26 total.


This just proves that e.l.f. products are half and half. Half the time they are pretty darn good and then half the time, well....

No comments:

Post a Comment