Sep 13, 2014

September Face (Powder) Off - e.l.f. Translucent Matifying Powder


Hey There!

When I first read the totalbeauty.com 13 best face powders, the e.l.f. Translucent Matifying Powder ended up being the first one of the 13 that I purchased (2 of the powders I already owned).

The e.l.f. Translucent Matifying Powder is a the perfect purse powder. It comes in a sleek black container that is very stylish, if I must say. On the left hand side you have product, the right hand side a small sponge and at the top, a nice sized mirror. It's the perfect size to slip in your purse.

I won't wear this powder everyday but I will keep it in my purse for touch ups. It might have made a good everyday powder if it had been bigger. The e.l.f. powder compact contains much less product than the .3 or .5 ozs that I have been getting with others. This is only .13oz. I know it's only $3 but so are my NYC and Rimmel powders (there about).


The color is truly translucent. I'm a MAC NC42 and this doesn't make my skin appear ashy at all. I was concerned about this but I didn't need to be.

Normally, I don't touch up my powder unless I am testing a product. If it's a regular old day, I put on my powder in the morning and what you see at 5pm is what you get. With this powder, if I am in testing mode, half way through the day I have to touch up. That's ok though. I don't think it matifys any better than anything else but I was able to add more, without it caking on my face. That is certainly a plus.


Over all, this is a good finishing powder. I wouldn't use it as a base powder but I don't think it's meant to be. I don't think I'd purchase it again though. For the money, even if it is $3, you don't get enough product. You can spend $3 - $6 and get triple the amount of a product that is just as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment