Sep 26, 2014

Quickie Review - NARS lipgloss in Orgasm


Hey there!

Occasionally I try something that is considered a cult classic and I don't like it. Such is the case with the NARS lipgloss in Orgasm. I picked up a mini with my Sephora Points.

Oh, it's a nice lipgloss but it is void if any real color on your lips. That's not necessarily a bad thing but when you pay $26 for a lipgloss, you want it to be a little but more special. 


Yes, it was a great gloss. It wasn't sticky and it lasted pretty well but so does my Revlon Colorburst in Peony. Yes, the NARS gloss gave off a soft iridescent glow and but so does my Milani Brilliant Shine in Luminous. 

I'm not saying that it isn't a great lippie. I'm just saying that there are so many glosses equal to it for less money. If you are wondering if it's worth the money, it just isn't, in my opinion. If you are wondering if it is a good lipgloss, it is. 

It's just a matter of do I have to have it because of its cult status and do I have to pay full price for it?

I say no to both. 

BTW, I'm not saying that Revlon Colorburst in Peony is a good color match -- it's not. But on the lips, it gives off the same glow. The Milani Brilliant Shine in Luminous is a good color match BUT on the lips, Luminous gives off a better glow.


Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment