Sep 17, 2014

Lesson Learned - Cheap Razors


Hey There!

Ok, ok! I've learned my lesson!

I can't believe I made a mistake like this one. I know the difference between a good deal and a bad bargain. I know that sometimes a cheap item is just that -- a cheap item.

What did I buy cheaply and it didn't work out this time?


Razors.

I know, don't yell at me. I picked up a 5 pack from the Dollar Tree thinking they'd be just as good as anything else I've used. I mean, I don't always buy the expensive, 6 blade, special lotion strip razors. This brand said that they had the lotion strip. They said that they had 3 super sharp razors. What they have is my $1!

These razor couldn't cut paper. I mean really, not to get all graphic or anything, I normally only need 3 swipes under the arm and we're all good. If I get lazy and wait an extra day or two, maybe 4 swipes. These things took ten, eleven and TWELVE swipes and I got ok results. It's a razor. I shouldn't have to swipe TWELVE times! When you are a razor, your goal in life is to cut hair. You should at least come close to that. These razors have failed in life.


So, I replaced them with a plain old pack of $2.99 Bic Silky Touch Razors with 2 blades. They worked soooo much better than the Dollar Tree brand. And honestly, I only save .99 cents by buying the cheap ones! What was I thinking??



I will spend the extra money and keep using what I've been using. I've learned my lesson. Cheaper isn't always better!

No comments:

Post a Comment