Sep 28, 2014

L.A. Colors Chunky Lip & NYX Chunky Dunk


Hey There!

I was a lucky lady this week. I got to try several new lippies. My favorite makeup items are lip products so when I go on a spree and fill my little shipping cart with lipsticks, glosses and crayons, I get more than a little excited.

This week I tried out my lip pencils from the beauty supply store. Last weekend I picked up a L.A. Colors Chunky Lip pencil in Cocoa and a NYX Chunky Dunk in Hibiscus Tea Punch. I originally walked into the store to search for Chunky Dunk lip crayons. I had seen them on several blogs and YouTube videos and I wanted, no, needed to get me one. They were $5.99 and I originally had 2 in my hand. Then I saw that my beauty supply store had the Chunky Lip pencils and I thought a show off would be appropriate.


I understand that I didn't get similar colors. I thought about that. But, I decided that while that would be a neat "dupe" test, I'm not 100% sure anyone wants to know about a $2.99 dupe on a $5.99 product. I'm just saying.

So, the website says that the new 18 L.A. Colors Chunk Lip pencils have a vanilla scent. Well, I didn't smell any vanilla but that was ok. I know where to go for vanilla scented lip products. They are supposed to have a "soft, creamy formula" and deliver "gorgeous intense color". I must agree on both fronts. They are very soft, very creamy and the color pigmentation is great.

The NYX Chunky Dunk pencils come in 12 "hydrating" colors with a "satiny smooth formula". They are "light and sheer at first, yet buildable the more you apply". Yep. I concur. They are hydrating and satiny smooth and very buildable coverage. They were very comfortable to wear.

Both pencils are retractable and don't need to be sharpened so you get every bit of goodness out of them. They last about 3 - 4 hours and reapply easily. I wore mine with a lip liner and OMG, it made them even more amazing. The verdict really is that they are both great. The colors vary a bit so you could actually get several colors and not overlap. True, I might gravitate toward the Chunk Lips a bit more because I could get 2 for the price of 1 but that doesn't mean I won't get the Chunky Dunks because they are just as good and the price is still right.

So, I say try the both. The Chunky Dunk has a smidge more product (3g vs. 2.7g) but there is nothing that should stop you from putting BOTH of these bad boys in your makeup bag!!


Have you tried either one? Do you know where your local beauty supply store is? Well, go in and grab a few and tell me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment