Sep 11, 2014

Brush Up On It!!


Hey there!

I've been playing with a lot of face brushes. Now that it's summer, I've been using less face products each day and finding out which brushes work the best for me. What I've discovered is that what a brush is made for is not always what works best for me.

I purchased a Precision Beauty angled blush brush when CVS was having a sale. I tried to use it for its intended purpose but it's too soft for blush. When I tried it, it picked up a lot of powder and you don't want a lot of blush on your face! So, I use it as a precision brush for finishing powder. I can run it over my face powder pan and highlight my temples, jaw line, etc. The size is perfect for my face (not my cheek area) and it so soft that it is almost like an air brush for my powders. And, the angle is so wonderful for those areas. I love it.

I bought an e.l.f. fan brush so that my highlight powder would go on flawless, beautifully, and make me look as if I am naturally glowing. And of course, everyone else had one. I wanted one too! But after playing with it for several weeks, I couldn't get it to work. It seemed that I kept dragging it back into the highlighter and bringing nothing out! So, I went back to my e.l.f. Blush Brush. It sweeps a hint of highlighter on the tops of my cheeks and then I can buff it around. It's a great brush for getting the right amount of highlighter and putting it exactly where you want it.

I have an e.l.f. Flawless Concealer Brush that is supposed to be for concealer. Yeahhhhh, kinda. I use it to dip into my under eye powders. It's the perfect sized brush to go under my eye and it's so super soft! If I accidently get too close to my eye, my eyeball doesn't tear up or anything. And the way it's made allows me to pick up a small amount of powder and place it where it needs to go.

Clearly I'm not an expert on makeup or makeup brushes. I just am very opinionated and I know what I like. What I have discovered on my "Make It Up As You Go" journey is that you have to do whatever makes YOU feel comfortable. If a big powder brush works well as a blush brush for you, use it! Your eye blending brush better for bronzing, ok, do you boo! Whatever works for you, do it! Who's going to tell you that you can't!

Certainly not me!


Oh, BTW, I am currently using several foundation brushes for painting stuff. Yeah, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment