Aug 10, 2014

Sunday Funday – Beauty Scenario Tag

Borrowed from Instagram - I hope no one minds - I didn't mean any harm!!


Hey there!

I was reading one of favorite blogs and saw a Beauty Scenario Tag. It looked fun, so I invited myself to answer the questions. I hope you enjoy!!


Tag Questions

1. You have to get rid of all your foundations and only keep one high end and one drugstore, which do you keep?

            I’m not big on liquid foundation, so if they take all of the liquid foundations, I’m ok. My current powders are my MAC Fix+ and my Black Radiance Pressed Powder. I’d be a little sad if I had to let them go.

2. You go for an interview and the lady interviewing you has lipstick on her teeth. Do you approach the subject or ignore it completely?

               I don’t like for people to be embarrassed (and in my head everyone knows that they don’t have to be embarrassed in front of me!!) so I’d tell her. I’d hate for her boss or co-workers to see that cause, hey, I'm a stranger. She shouldn't care if I see it. They are her co-workers. She had to see them tomorrow.



3. You’re not feeling yourself and you need a pick me up lipstick, which one do you go for?

            I have two current faves. I'm sure you've seen the Revlon Superlustrous in Berry Haute. It's a beautiful plum color that I can wear alone or jazz it up with lip gloss. I love that color. I also reach for Wet n Wild's Mauve Outta Here. It's a warm pink color - a pink nude. I normally wear that with a pink glossy gloss if I'm daring or alone if I want a pouty look.

4. You go back in time for a day to your teenage years, how would you do your hair and makeup differently?

            I wouldn't change a thing as far as my hair goes. All the Aquanet and feathering that I did was perfect for the time. I would have found a really great hairdresser and stuck with her. I also would have invested in hair products. I'd be rich by now. As far as makeup, I'd learn early that quality is better than quantity and quality doesn't always cost an arm and a leg. My first lipstick would not be that Fashion Fair nude. Knowing what I know now, I'd go with the Lancôme nude that I wore 5 years later. The FF nude was dry and dull. That Lancome nude was moist and gorgeous. Sighhhhh.

5. You ask your hairdresser for a shoulder length pixie lott hair cut but they hear you wrong and give you a pixie hair cut. Do you a) smile, say thank you, leave, call your mum and cry hysterically b) cry in the chair and things get awkward or c) complain to the manager and demand a refund.

            Ten years ago I would have left and called my mom -- ten years ago I did just that! Now I would complain to the manager and demand a refund and THEN call my mom. At the end of the day though, it's hair. I'd be upset because you didn't do what I asked you to do.



6. Your friend surprises you with a 4 day city break and you have 1 hour to pack. Which ‘do it all’ palette do you pack in your makeup bag?

            I'd have to reach for my Too Faced Bonjour Soleil palette. I know that this is only face products but I think they are the most import things I wear! A bronzed face with highlighter is key. If I wanted to add eyeshadow, I could use the Snow Bunny colors and in a pinch I could dab some balm on my lips and make one of them work (in a pinch).

7. Your house has been robbed, don’t worry everyone is safe, but your beauty stash has been raided. What’s the product you really hope is safe?

            OMG! My Philosophy Purity Cleanser better be safe! That stuff is liquid gold. I don't have to have any makeup on but I want a clean face!

8. Your friend borrows your makeup and returns it in awful condition. Do you a) just pretend you haven’t noticed b) ask them to repurchase it or c) secretly do the same to something of theirs?

            First of all, why in the hell are you messing up my makeup?! How old are you -- 4? I have to go with none of the above. You can keep it. Trust and believe you will understand what you have done by the time I'm done talking to you AND you will repurchase it without my asking.



And there you have it! Crazy answers for totally sane questions! I tagged myself so now I tag everyone else!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment