Aug 22, 2014

Quickie Review - NARS Laguna Bronzing Powder



Hey There!

You guys are going to be so mad. I mean, I'll lose half of the three people that read this blog when I say this...

This bronzer didn't work for me.

There. I put it out on the table. You can leave now if you'd like or you can hear me out.

I know, I know. Everyone loves this bronzer. I wanted to love it too. I got this in my Sephora Favorites Summer Stash mini set. I have the e.l.f. brand "dupe" and it's pretty good. But, this one just didn't do it for me. It just didn't work for my complexion. I think the color might work in the winter. I'm not sure.


I don't know that I can give a great review because I couldn't tell if it lasted all day because it didn't show very well. My blush that I was trying out lasted but I couldn't see bronzer beneath it.

The texture was fine. It was nice and smooth just like everyone says. The e.l.f. brand is kinda gritty now that I've used the hell out of it.


Now let's talk about the obvious -- the e.l.f. bronzing powder in St. Lucia is most certainly not a dupe. E.l.f. is much, much darker and therefore works with my skin tone. NARS bronzer is lighter and doesn't. Seeing them side by side -- I do wonder if it will work in the winter, or if I should just give it away now (Mel B, are you reading this??).

I searched on line and in store but there doesn't appear to be anything darker than NARS Laguna bronzer. That's sad. I wonder if NARS ever had anything darker. Does anyone know?


That being said, this certainly isn't for me. It's nice, smooth but doesn't work at all. Maybe I'll let someone else do a better review and post that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment