Aug 18, 2014

Nail Polish Change - Tools of the Trade

Wow! Who did the staging on this photo? Me, oh, nevermind.

Hey There!

I didn't change my nail polish this week. It wasn't that the last nail polish was super fabulous or anything -- I just didn't get a chance to. So, I walked around with chipped nails for several days. Then I took the polish off and moisturized my nails and cuticles for the rest of the time.

So, this week, you get to see what products I used. Actually, they are the products that I use every week.

I take my nail polish off with remover (well, duh!). Most of the time it is whatever remover was on sale. That's not what I'm showing you here. I'm showing you the bottle that I use. I originally picked up the nail polish remover at Family Dollar. I picked it up because of the bottle. It's one of those fancy ones that you push on the top with your cotton ball or cotton square or piece of tissue, and the remover comes up through a tube. The first time I saw it, I thought it was just the gimmick I needed.

I've mentioned my Sally Hansen Insta-dri top coat a million and seven times. It makes your polish dry super fast and gives them a pretty sheen. I won't use anything else now.

I love my Aveda foot relief. Every morning and every night, I slather this stuff on. It's quite pricey but it works wonders and I can tell when I haven't used it. So can everyone else.

I've been quite fond of my Ped Egg for the last month or so. It really does work. I wasn't expecting it to, to be honest. But, it works like magic on my heels and I've fallen in love with it.

Sally Beauty Supply has the best nail extras. I go there about two or three times a month. I like the Beauty Secrets nail file line. They have different grits for different filing purposes. I always have a medium 180 grit on hand. I also like the orange sticks. I don't use them to push back cuticles. I use them to wipe away stray polish when I'm doing my mani/pedicures. I color outside the lines and these help.

I've built up my nail polish routine over the past 2 years. Before that, I hardly ever painted my finger nails. I only painted my toe nails during the summer and even then, I used the same 4 or 5 colors. My have times changed!

Next week you'll be in for a treat (I think). I am trying something a bit new (and a bit old). It may be a blessing or a disaster.


Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment