Aug 8, 2014

Lippie Love


Hey there!

I find myself posting lippie combos on my Instagram account many mornings. I have a thing for a matte-ish lipstick and then a gloss on top. The right combos give a gorgeous look. Even though I boast that I'm more of a lip gloss girl that a lipstick girl, the right lipstick is so necessary. I like a creme lipstick -- something matte but not drying. I like it to be a sheer color so that my lip gloss can make it whatever color I'd like it to be.

On the weekends I normally go light and just use a lip gloss. Every work day morning, I pair lipstick and gloss together. I pair certain lipsticks and glosses together so much, I could just store them together.  I thought I'd share a few of my faves. 

My first lipstick is a Big Lots find. It's a Revlon Superlustrous crème lipstick in Berry Haute. It's a sheer plum color unless you build it up. There are two glosses that I love to wear with it. Both of them are NYX Butter Glosses. I like Strawberry Parfait and Raspberry Tart. To be fair, NYX Butter Glosses are my lip loves all by themselves right now. The smell so heavenly (don't they?!!) and they glide across your lips and stay for a good part of the day. And, most of the time, you can get them for five bucks! Come on! That's crazy.

Another favorite lippie combo is Revlon Superlustrous crème lipstick in Blushing Nude. I pair it with MAC Lustreglass in Wonder Struck. It's a warm pink nude that I just love. It's the perfect nude for me.

My final favorite lippie love is my Rimmel London Moisture Renew lipstick in Violet Pop and CoverGirl Colorlicious gloss in Fruitylicious. This is what I turn to when I want a pop of fuchsia without it being overbearing for my completion. I like this one when I'm wearing purples, reds or browns. It gives that "umph" of color that I need.

I think it's great the way a boring brown lipstick and a rockin' fucsha lip gloss can pair just as well as a bright orange lipstick with a soft brown lip gloss. It's all how you pair them!


Do you pair your lippie loves? What's your favorite pair right now? And, did you run get your NYX Butter Gloss and put it on so you could smell that wonderful vanilla scent? I'm about to right now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment