Aug 31, 2014

Empties

 

Hey there!

And another month bites the dust! That's how it goes!

The month of August was unremarkable when it came to empties. I didn't really use much up. I spent the month testing new things and that almost always means nothing gets tossed in the trash.


Well, lucky for you, some things are consistent. I finished up several bath items. Of course I used a couple of my Avon Bubble Bath (2/$10). I used up a Warm Vanilla & Fig (which I LOVE!), a Peppermint Vanilla Swirl (which is great and makes the entire bathroom smell fantastic) and a Vanilla Cream (a favorite in my home. It's our go to BB). I always repurchase Avon Bubble Bath. I think I always will. I tried a Creightons Lime & Grape Energise Bath & Shower Gel (purely because it is English and in my head, I'm from England). I found it for $2.99 at Ross. It wasn't good. Not at all. It didn't lather worth anything. I ended up pouring it into the water stream as I ran my bathwater. It scented the room rather than anything else. I will not purchase another one (but I think I have another one to use up).

Another constant is candles. I burn candles all the time. I have to. It keeps me very level.
This month I finished a Bath & Body Works Peach Bellini ($5 sale) and Mango Dragon Fruit (3/$10 sale). The Peach Bellini is so peachy and smells soooo good. I used my warmer to finish off what you see here. The Mango Dragon Fruit was just ok. I can't see myself picking up another one of those. The large tin is a Target candle that I saw on a YouTube haul. It's a Bubble Gum Scented Soy Candle and in the store it smelled heavenly. Once I started to burn it, nuthin. I mean nuthin! For the first hour there was a faint scent of bubble gum and then nuthin for the next 44 hours. It claims to burn for 45 hours. I didn't test the theory because I have no plans on every purchasing this again. Disappointing! I kept the tin though, because it's cute but for $10, I'd like more than cute.


Then I have some random empties.

I am tossing an Egyptian Musk roll on oil. I love the smell of Egyptian Musk and can point it out in a crowd. But this bottle was old and had gone rancid. I have a replacement. I pick them up for about $2.99 at my local beauty supply store.

I always use Mizani Spradiance Hair Gloss on my hair. I use it every 3 or 4 days to keep my hair shiny. I also use it when I "pull" my hair with the flat iron once every two weeks. I have found that this is one of the only products that doesn't weigh down my hair and assists the flat iron with straightening my hair. I pay about $25 for it (depends on which beauty supply you go to). I've tried cheaper ones and they just don't work as well.

I had a mini Aveda Hand Relief that I got free when I purchased my full size Aveda Foot Relief. I love the foot relief. It does amazing things for my feet. But, the Hand Relief...meh! Nothing special. The 4.2 fl. oz. size is $24. For $24 I want ZING! BANG! POW! I won't be purchasing this.

The one mask that I did do this month was a Anti-Aging Grape Seed Mask by Skin Benefits. I don't remember where I got it from or how much it costs but I like it. It smells very grapey and the paper mask fits my face very well. You keep it on for 15 minutes and it's very comfortable. Afterwards, your face does feel refreshed and renewed. Man! Just writing that makes me want to go do a mask treatment!

I also finished a Pampers Sensitive Baby Wipes. I think this pack was probably more for swatches than anything. I know that I purchased it while away from home (because it was a 6 pack) and it must have been my only alternative. I like unscented, sensitive baby wipes because I have sensitive skin. I don't know why the tiny pack though. I'd never buy one that small unless I had to.

And that's what went into the trash can this month. I didn't do anything fancy this month -- I kept it simple. Hopefully you found out about something new that you'd like to try.



OH!! I always try to add a non makeup item to the round up. Well folks, I have gotten heavy in the scrapbooking, card making, journaling arena. I have a pile of photos a mile high and didn't know what to do with them other than put them in a photo album and that's it. But, I'm a creative girl. I can't just do that! So, I've been scrapbooking. And, I've been card making. And, I've been having fun. If you've seen my IG, you've totally been bombarded with it. My tip for you? Find something that let's your creative juices flow. It helps with the stress of the day.


What did you use up this month? Did  you like it? Should we all buy it? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment