Jul 21, 2014

Nail Polish Change - Sally Hansen Hard As Nails in Solid As A Rock


Hey There!

I have been on a pretty in pink nail polish kick the past few weeks. I probably should have done this in the spring but I find that lighter colors make my nails look longer and right now my nails are ridiculously short. So, they need all the help they can get!

I wore Sally Hansen Hard As Nails in Solid As A Rock this week. It's an older polish that I found at Big Lots a while ago. I'm not sure when this "look" in the Hard As Nails line was discontinued or changed but the polishes are still pretty good. The formula of this one was just as good as the Xtreme Nails that they have now but the brush is the old type that all polishes had before the days of the tapered brush. Good googlie mooglie -- what did we do in those days??


The color is darling. It's a soft pink that has a touch of shimmer. I used 2 thin coats but could have used a third coat for a slightly better result. The problem with two thin coats is the color is slightly streaky and it chips a bit easier. Had I used a third coat, I would have been completely happy with this color.

I really like this one. It's a girly color that makes you feel all frilly inside. It's beautiful on the hands (even if your hands are jacked up) and it complements a wide range of complexions.


This color will always been in my rotation, but probably more in the spring next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment